Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thank You Tanner


Dear Tanner,

Thank you for so very kindly for putting your new toothbrush in the toilet and gently flushing it down. I really appreciate how clogged our toilet is now. We can not use it at all. Thank you. Now I must spend a good amount of money to fish that dear hot wheels car toothbrush out. You are merely three, so I will spare you your life. Thank you Tanner, it was a lovely day.
Love,
Mom


(this is Jaren's matching toothbrush...not Tanner's from the toilet :))

13 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh my! this post made me laugh out loud. I thought my boys were comparable to Tanner, but I think not! He is truly in a realm of his own! the last time I saw him he was only a 8 or 9 month old little baby. how things change. i hope the toilet is fixable without too much money!
-bethany

Meredith said...

Oh Tanner... tsk tsk tsk.

And Jen! Where did his blonde hair go?! It's so dark now!!!

Michelle Arnett said...

AH Jen! Was this before or after I talked to you about the 2 year old stage? I suppose I will give you your own advice, just laugh, we all are! It's a great toothbrush! You could make him use it still as his punishment! Haha, j/k that's gross.

AudyCamp said...

Love the letter! Oh what a cute way to put it. (We've had the race car tooth brush before.) Good Luck with that!!

Emily said...

You didn't finish the story. You didn't tell the part about my sweet, delicate, feminine daughter pooping in the stopped-up toilet. Oh Tanner...(in Macy's words): I LOVE YOU!

Annette Larsen said...

Oh, dear heavens. That boy is something else. Cameron was wondering how you got a picture of the toothbrush if it was flushed down the toilet? Did you get it out and then photograph it? Or do you normally photograph your kids new toothbrushes?

Lindsay said...

LOL! So funny, I'm sure he'll love the letter to him when he's old enough to read and that you decided to spare his life!

MoM K said...

Oh Jen, you are such a good mom. I wish I'd had a camera to photograph eric's mischieviousness when he was little....

Aaron said...

Love you Tan!!! Can't wait to be able to adopt you for a weekend someday! I don't think I could handle more than that, Jen. You are a rock. ;)

Kristy said...

I love it. I love your sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

At least you can be thankful in such a time....

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

My boys have the same toothbrushes..I hope they don't get any great ideas! At least they didn't get the red spray paint in the garage and spray your white car!!

tiffunny said...

I think he's destined for great things! The things he comes up with. Like I've said before though - how sweet he is to always give you such unique things to blog about!!!