Monday, February 4, 2008

Sweetness

While we were gone....

Jaren and Madeline were playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.  The winner was got to hand out the treat.  Madeline is a competitor, loves winning, so she of course really wanted to win this time.  Jaren cares about winning, but not as much as making her happy.  So sweet Jaren says "OK Maddie, no matter what, I'll be paper."  Giving her the key to winning without "letting her win". Isn't he so sweet???
Madeline went swimming with friend Malia, and her mom made sandwiches for them.  Madeline gets in the car and says to Allyson..."That was the best turkey sandwich, do you think I could get the recipe?"
Don't kids say the best things?  I keep - or should say kept- a journal out for exactly these things.  I was diligent off and on for about 3 years, and I love reading through it.  I completely forgot 90% of the adorable things they'd said or did.  I'm going to start leaving it out again...

5 comments:

Mel said...

He looks so much like Jasper in this picture! Thanks for the reminder-I need to be better about writing down the cute things Dallin says and does- it's so easy to forget. ps. you know I can make a mean pot of noodles.

tiffunny said...

That's such a good idea of leaving a journal out to write down cute things they say and do. I might have to copy that!!

Emily said...

Sweetest kid on the planet! My mother-in-law called to talk about her stay with the kids, and she was trying to reassure me that my kids are normal (all the fighting, whining, manipulating, etc.). Then, I told her this story of Jaren. She thinks we should arrange some sort of marriage between our children right away! But I have a feeling Jaren's going to be a hot commodity! Seriously...I love how much Jaren teaches me. He's so great!

Anonymous said...

Jaren is just SO sweet! He will probably grow up to be an apostle. Good thing jasper tries out the sound of their names with "elder" and the initial in it to make sure it sounds apostle-y. I still love how Jaren said to you, "because I nice." when you asked him why he does everything Maddie tells him too! And hey, every apostle needs a cute rascally brother!

Bryce & Cherise said...

HE IS SO SWEET! i love jaren. he makes me happy! Where did he learn to be so sweet? not from you...oh ah-hahahaha. just kidding. :) i love you! and all those hawaii pics are so awesome -so so pretty! you're amazing jen!