
So...not long ago my sister was talking to my mom about how much she hates housework. My mom is wonderful...this was her response. "Well, have you tried putting on an apron and some fun music?". YES, she was completely serious. Now, I laughed at the time. I'm not an apron mama, but I have recently been wearing one, and she actually had a point. It's like I turn into June Cleaver. OK, so maybe not that, but it really does change my attitude. It's weird. Anyway, I laughed so hard when I first heard it, and I still do, because it's such something my mom would say with all sincerity, but there is some truth to it. So there.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
"Put on an apron"
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






13 comments:
I'll have to try that. Because I don't particularly enjoy my housework either. Gotta love moms and their crazy comments!!!
I can totally hear your mom saying that! But it's true! I do the music thing a lot, but not so much the apron...I always forget I have those.
Dearest daughter, thanks for spreading my words of wisdom! I'm still thinking of making some cute retro aprons for all you girls!
Maybe I'm a total nerd but I LOVE APRONS! I got 2 new ones for christmas and I've always got my ipod docking station playing away in the background - Your moms got something there cause it works!
Bed, Bath and Beyond has awesome aprons, cute and stylin'
mom's so funny. I agree though, an apron does funny things!
I dont own an apron.. but I definetly put on my XM boombox when I am cleaning and it makes it much more fun. Espeically when I am cooking or cleaning the kitchen up.
Amen sister! I have to try it too. . .
I'm going to try this sometime!
Jen, I swear, this totally works. I've worn a 1/2 apron for a long time (partly because I'm starting a new trend and I think a 1/2 apron with jeans is SO cute), and partly because it really does make housework so much more fun. Know how I love hanging my laundry on the line in the summer? It's even better with an apron on.
No lie.
Oh my gosh, Rachel I love you!! A half apron...why did n't I think of that!?? And they have awesome material at Ikea. I'm going to do that!
I was thinking about that today when I turned on some music and started cleaning. I thought, well, I don't have an apron on, but I do have rubber gloves and a kerchief, so...
So, they have Ann Taintor magnets and notepads at the Mesa Arts Center gift shop here. Just thought I'd tell you. Also they have these other cards that are SO full of attitude, and reminded me of Ann Taintor. One of them...I almost bought it and sent it to you because you would love it...on the front it was a bw pic of a girl from the 40's or 50's in a wedding dress, and on the front it said, "Tell me the truth..." and on the inside: "Does this dress make me look desperate?" Ah, it was much funnier on the card. Should have bought it.
Jen,
I've been enjoying reading your's and Emily's blogs tonight - especially about your trip!! OH MY WORD how fun! Who would have thought so many comments about aprons!? Maybe I need to try something.......
Post a Comment