Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oh my...


Yesterday Tan man wanted a certain red shirt.  Only...it was at the very top of his closet.  So he proceeded to climb all the way up the 3 shelves in the middle of the closet emptying out each one as he went, until he reached the top and finished the job, the entire closet- emptied, except for 2 shirts folded at the top, one of them being his coveted red shirt. 
Unfortunately this is not all of the damage, the rest of the clothes and blankets are in the closet on the floor. 

 
His favorite thing to do is climb to the top of my bed post and jump off.   Can I just tell you how much I am looking forward to SPRING so he can outside and get all of his energy out?! Notice his summer clothes?  Those are from the top of his closet...


A few days ago he dumped out yet another box of cereal, and then dumped an entire water bottle in the middle of my bed.  He can make a room look like a tornado came and went in a matter of seconds.  You must be thinking I don't ever watch my child.  But believe me...it is no easy task.  If you'd like to try just let me know and I'll send him your way.
This was yesterdays activities. Getting into the sink until they were completely drenched. I saw this, and thought, well there's not a ton on the floor...so go right ahead. It kept them busy for a good 30 minutes.
 
And yet through it all I love love love him to pieces.  All of these shananagans are actually quite hilarious even though many times I think I may lose my mind if I have to clean up any more of his gigantic messes.  The funniest part is when I walk into one of his messes and he says "me and Taelyn didn't do it."  Oh really....so now I know who his accomplice is.

Another favorite of his is this:

He moves the couch all the way to the middle of the front room. For no real reason, just to do it.
When my sister was baby-sitting one day he dumped out a box of cereal ( I know why don't I put the cereal up higher?  Because he would climb the shelves to the cereal like he already does now).  She started having him help to pick it up when he said "Aren't you going to take a picture?"  WHAT???!!  I guess that has backfired on me.  All this time....one day I will look back on this and really laugh.
 

11 comments:

tiffunny said...

Love it!!! I love how little he is too. Such a cutie. I always wonder if people think I don't watch my little "trouble" ones either when I post about their adventures - but I do. So trust me - those of us who go through similar experiences each day TOTALLY believe you that you watch him! I think it's great that he at least covers for his baby sister in his lies though - what a great big brother! Mine always immediately blames it on his baby sister - even though he did most of it. Reading your adventures though, makes me sometimes realize I shouldn't complain as much about the messes mine make - although I'm keeping my fingers crossed they never empty out a whole box of cereal or a water bottle on my bed!!!

Lindsay said...

Man, we should get him and Jack together...wait, maybe not, I don't even want to think of the damage the two of them could do.

Your house is so stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Smart and curious little boy...don't you ever turn the TV on for him? Just kidding you are a great Mom and seem to be handling Tanner's mischief well! I seem to be able to tolerate my kids messes most of the time, but not to many pictures get taken of them for doing it...! That is so funny that he asked your sister to take a picture!

Meredith said...

What a crazy little guy! Was Eric this bad, or is Tanner worse???

Aaron said...

Jen, love of my life. Buy a tupperware cereal container. Maybe it will deter him because they are much more difficult to open. Also they are great because cereal never gets stale...maybe that isn't a problem in your home...it isn't in mine, but it is a bonus nonetheless. teehee. That boy is too much!!!

Christine said...

Aren't you going to take a picture??? That made me laugh so hard I choked.

Amber said...

Good to know I'm not the only one dealing with a tornado child! We call Dallin "Destructo Dallin" because he too can destroy a room in under 10 seconds.

Bethany said...

"aren't you going to take a picture?" HOLY COW! I laughed so hard at that! Oh, you must have so much patience. I have heard that the name Tanner is always a hard to handle kid. I wonder if it's true. i love these posts!
-bethany

Jacqui said...

Funny! I love the mischief kids get into. So creative and hilarious, as long as your in the mood to eventually clean it up. You must be a fun mom to let the boys play in the kitchen sink. Love that.

PS your house is darn cute. Did you do the painting by yourself? I just did stripes in Ethan's bedroom. What a pain! But it looks great. You've been here half the time I have and my house is still in the "we'll remodel this someday" stage. Ha ha! And I think we have the same couch. That pic of your son jumping off the bedpost is priceless.

Emily said...

Oh Tanner - how do you not love that boy to pieces. He is seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen! Good for you for taking all those pictures. His kids will love you for it!

Jen-ben said...

Jacqui, I did paint my house head to toe when we moved in. Only problem is now I'm ready for a change. But I can't motivate myself to want to paint my heart out again. Want to do it for me?