Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The letter

This is one of the sweetest girls you will ever meet. She is kind to everyone, loves everyone, is genuinely concerned about people (no matter their age), she talks about a mile a minute, has to give about a hundred hugs before she goes anywhere, and wants to be the best girl she can. She is splendid in every way.

This was a letter she wrote to her friend Hannah after arguing over a smartie :). I went in her room and found her on her bed writing this note. I thought it was so cute, the rainbows, the wording and I love the spelling so much! It doesn't get better than this.

13 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

That is so cute! "I em sore". What a sweet girl you have

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky girl to have a sweet daughter like Maddie!

Meredith said...

Very cute!

tiffunny said...

Ahhhh - i absolutely love little kid spelling!!! I just posted some of my 6 year old's writing today too cause I loved it so much.

Mel said...

She must have a great mom.

Jacqui said...

She and my Ash sound like two birds of a feather. So sweet. And what a blessing to have her as your oldest.

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

priceless.I know you're gonna keep that in her file!

Jamelle Kelly said...

I think Naomi will be a lot like Maddie. Naomi still mentions "the kids" from New Years.

And I agree, I think she has an awesome mom!!!

Emily said...

She really is the sweetest. I absolutely adore her! Don't you love letters and notes at this age. It's going to be really boring to get notes when everything is spelled correctly.

Jana said...

I love those little kid notes! Emma gives us cards just about every day and I love her spelling. I love that Maddie wrote an apology! That is SO sweet!

paige said...

Maddie is the sweetest! I still have all the pictures she drew us in primary, telling us that we were the best primary teachers in the world!

chelle said...

So cute. I still spell that way. What do you mean "Kid Spelling"?M

Anne Gould said...

Jen,

Maddie truly is a precious gem. There are times when she leaves our house after playing with Hannah and she will give me a hug goodbye. She has a very sweet spirit. She must have such a great mom for her to be the way she is.