Kauai: I have 300 photos that I have to chose from...so I thought this would eliminate my inability to think properly. So day one...Sunday. We try to find church. We don't know where we're going, but I have a "feeling" so after much prodding the husbands abide by my word (Greg admitted he's a little scared of me, so I had that in my favor) and low and behold we find it. Mind you I had NO idea where we were or were supposed to be going....
Jasper and Greg wear flip flops to church thinking it would be a "primitive church" (what the...??) You can imagine how stunned they were to see civilization and a nice church building. Apparently, Greg and Jasper pictured church on Kauai like in the movie, "The Other Side of Heaven." I think they expected to find a bunch of Polynesian men in white shirts, ties, Hawaiian skirts, and sandals. They were embarrassed, but nobody even noticed. And go figure the speaker there knew of my really close friends from college, they grew up together! It's such a small world!
The Marriott where we stayed was so beautiful, the beach is to the left. We walked down, snorkeled, walked back to the hot tub, swam in the pool, snorkeled some more, etc. It was actually really funny.
Then we head to Maimea Canyon- it's the largest canyon on the pacific coast. It was breathtaking. It was like the Grand Canyon on green drugs. Beeeautiful!



The Marriott where we stayed was so beautiful, the beach is to the left. We walked down, snorkeled, walked back to the hot tub, swam in the pool, snorkeled some more, etc. It was actually really funny.
Then we head to Maimea Canyon- it's the largest canyon on the pacific coast. It was breathtaking. It was like the Grand Canyon on green drugs. Beeeautiful!




Later we hiked to 2 waterfalls, it was here that I learned how dumb I was for not bringing my camera...all I had was our video camera, hence the horrid quality of the photo, it was amazing. I'm so sad I didn't bring my camera! What was I thinking leaving her in the car all by herself? Here we're at the top of a HUGE waterfall...






6 comments:
Awesome! Hawaii is so beautiful. I want to go back some day...
Sooo Beautiful!! Dad and I didn't get to see that canyon I guess. We MUST go again! By the way, I saw on the news that Kauai is have outrageous amount of rainfall now! You were there at just the right time!
Sooo Beautiful!! Dad and I didn't get to see that canyon I guess. We MUST go again! By the way, I saw on the news that Kauai is have outrageous amount of rainfall now! You were there at just the right time!
Wow, these pictures are incredible! I want to go!
The pictures turned out great. And I will never get tired of laughing at our husbands in their "Sunday best".
did you end up at the chapel kind of by walmart? we went there and they gave us crocheted leis and sang us some special song. the spirit was so strong. i was amazed at how many members were there. I'm envious of your trip. how wonderful to get some time away from the kids. I hope I can do that someday!
Post a Comment