Tuesday, February 5, 2008

More Hawaii

Ok, so never mind this one day at a time crap, that's way too organized for me.  Here we go- there are a lot....
This was taken on the North Shore.  The mountains there are so brill!
A little yoga...Emily, can I put your star pose on here too???  We went to the beach to watch the sunrise.  

Emily getting all geared up to Scuba dive-
I was trying to be brave...I did get in the water and tried to scuba...but alas, I was to chicken.  I don't know what my prob was, I'm usually such a dare devil, but this was too claustrophobic for me.  I lasted about 10 minutes.  :)  But these guys did awesome and said it was like nothing else!

Okay, Monday we were just big dorks. We drove to the East Side of the island to find the "easiest waterfall to find in the island" (a quote from all the "books" on Kauai). Okay...we drove back and forth at least four times trying to find the turn. Finally, we stopped at Eggberts for lunch. I guess we were all starving because obviously our brains weren't working. We drove South and, lo and behold, there is a big, green sign with an arrow and the name of the falls. Later on that day, Greg and Jasper got out of the car to check out a possible snorkeling sight. For some reason, they locked the car doors as they walked away. Emily and I were locked inside! It got hot inside the car, so Em tried to unlock the door to get some air. It set off the alarm. And of course, Greg and Jasper didn't recognize the alarm of the rental car! I was snorting -I was laughing so hard (so was everyone around us). They finally rescued us!

  Emily and I falling off a giant cliff across from the Waterfall. 


We hiked the this awesome waterfall,  there was a giant rope swing at the fall....verrrry prrretty. That night we went to a really over priced Luau. :)



These are our "Nam" photos...Emily was smiling a little too much for Vietnam.
from the heli...  Thanks Lindsay for the recommendation, it WAS so worth the money (thanks Em).  It stopped in the middle of the nowhere at a waterfall for lunch.  Heaven.


The Zipline, also so fun.


Our wall climb.
Puff the Magic Dragons house.  Or something.
Our way too cool friends Greg and Emily...thanks you guys, we had so much fun!  Jimmy Loma!
This trip went way fast...and I didn't even miss my children like I thought I would.  We laughed so much, relaxed mucho, and ate a lot of chocolate covered macadamia nuts.  Perfect.

21 comments:

Aaron said...

I vaguely remember "mowin' my lawn". You may have to remind me, but I am almost scared to hear what it was. Like I said it sounds familiar, but I can't exactly place what it is all about. My memory stinks! Sorry dude!

Brian and Kim said...

Hey Jen, I went snorkling in the carribean, it was too claustraphobic for me also. Your not alone on that one. This is the girl who signed Brian and I up for sky diving. Tee Hee.. He didn't see that one coming.

MoM K said...

WOW! Those photos are so wonderful! I love your look as your "falling of a giant cliff". Thanks so much for sharing such a beautiful place! Someday,,,a family reunion....

Emily said...

Thank you...Brethrens...for a wonderful week full of so many fabulous memories (and pictures)! We love you guys!

Lindsay said...

More, more! I want to see more! I'm so glad you guys had fun, but seriously how could you not have fun? You cannot go wrong with Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had all the fun there is to have! I hope some day to get somewhere with Ross (kidless) and have as much fun as you guys did!

Ali said...

I'm so glad I found you! When you found us, I couldn't get on to your blog. I have to say you are sooooo talented. I love your pictures. Wow. Hawaii doesn't look so bad right now. How fun! You and Jasper look great. Glad you are doing well!

Ali

Allyson said...

Great pictures! Almost all of them seem postcard worthy!

sherry ward said...

WOW.... Looks like a fairy tale dream come. I miss Hawaii. I really think I could live there. It wouldn't matter if it was in a sleeping bag on the beach. Oh and I'm with Lindsay, I want to see more! =)

AudyCamp said...

Love your beautiful pictures as always. glad you were brave for the zipline..those are fun huh! I would've freaked out to scuba too. I love how Jasper is a good sport about pictures..tim just gets mad.:)

Aaron said...

HA! I totally remember now! You had a big crush on that poser! I swear there was lip action once upon a time. Mowin' my lawn! Those guys were Chumps. That is so funny. What would I do without you to remind me of all of the things I forget?!?!?!

Michelle Arnett said...

I especially love the pictures of your zipline. . .it looks like you are not scared at all! I am sooo jealous, we would LOVE to go to Hawaii with you guys! Maybe we can catch ya next time. Thanks for the invite though, it wasn't a good time seeing as how Kierah was only a day old. Haha, we do expect to get an invite next time though! Love ya. Have a good one

Michelle Arnett said...

I especially love the pictures of your zipline. . .it looks like you are not scared at all! I am sooo jealous, we would LOVE to go to Hawaii with you guys! Maybe we can catch ya next time. Thanks for the invite though, it wasn't a good time seeing as how Kierah was only a day old. Haha, we do expect to get an invite next time though! Love ya. Have a good one

Sandy said...

next time we want to come!! oh yeah and don't stop with the pics. The last time I was in Hawaii was in 4th grade so bring 'em on... make me more jealous.

chelle said...

Fab Fotos! So glad you got away. I was so glad you got away. I had no idea that you were doing so many fun things. When we go, we do not do all the fun things, but sit on the beach and try to save money. Looks like that is not a good idea after seeing your photos! M

heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heidi said...

okay jen, your pic of Hawaii are killen' me. that looks like sooo much fun. all of your photos were amazing. I'm jealous. one of my favs was you doing yoga on the beach. loved it!

Jamelle Kelly said...

How fun!! I want to go...
Love the photos.

Jana said...

The JEalousy is EATing away at my HEART!!! Man those pictures are so awesome...I want to move there. Also you are so sexy.

A said...

im so jealous. Bec and went to Hawaii a couple years ago. so awesome. after a week in paradise you start looking around at all kinds of crappy min wage jobs and thinking I could do that if I could just live here!

Emily said...

Feel free to steal my description of the trip and edit it the way you want. It was a blast! Thanks so much for coming with us!