This is my Paci queen. The girl loves the pacifier. She loves to sleep with 2, walk around the house with 2, eat with 2. THIS is why we are weaning her of the beloved paci.


disclaimer: We love pacifier. We in no way shape or form want to get rid of the paci. It makes crying Tae stop crying. Who in their right mind would not love a paci? This is why I am only weaning her of it during the day. She can have a paci till the day I die if she so wishes.
Monday, March 17, 2008
WHO could resist that FACE??
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






26 comments:
No me!!! I love her.
So sweet!
Those eyes are killer! She is the sweetest. I love her too.
What a great picture, the light, and the subject. She is GORGEOUS!
How cute is nakie litte tae in the sunshine! The 2 paci thing cracks me up.
We loved our paci's (only ours were binkies) at this house too. And who could ever resist that beautiful face? Not me!
Paci's are our friends!! My little Tanner never would take a pacifier - I was heartbroken. Instead, he uses his two first fingers on his left hand. We decided to let him keep them as long as he wants too. . .
So cute, we love paci's here too!
I love Tae! And I adore your fine print disclaimer.
Claire loved her "binkies" also. I have pictures of her with one in her mouth and one stuck in between her mouth and her nose. Plus one in her hand! I swear I wish I would've bought stock in the binkie company. I think I spent a fortune buying those things! I think she was three before they were gone...
Too cute. Love the binkies. My Liv was a binky maniac, and I am glad because she was one loud, fit-throwing kid! She kept hers until 2 2/3 when they came to be more of a manipulation tool(on her part: she wouldn't do x,y,z without a certain colored bink). I then cut the tips off of all of them, but she still tried to suck them, so I finally had to toss them all, which was no small feat. She found one in our house when she was about 3 1/2 and put it in her mouth. It looked so cute I let her keep it. She kept it one day, then the next and next and pretty soon I had to "wean" her all over again!
Okay, long story, sorry!
I did ask Liv about the Challenger girls but she said she doesn't know them. She's in afternoon K. It's an amazing school. To send them to public after private is a real downer because they're so far ahead. I wish we could afford to send them there after kindergarten, but alas, we like to pay our mortgage more.
Are your little monkey's in pre-school?
she's beautiful!
she's beautiful!
Great photos.. I love the light... she is so, so sweet!
Binkies rule! I don't know how any parents survive without them. My baby is 16 months and I keep thinking I should have weaned her of them by now because from past experience, the longer they keep them, the more attached they (and especially us as the mommies) become attached to them and NEED them. But I just can't bring myself to do it. She's only allowed them in the bed, but still. I feel like you do - she can have them as long as she wants because she's just such a cutie.
What a doll! She's adorable!
My nephew is almost 3 and still requires one at night. That and pieces of fabric that he usually wads up and sticks in his ear. What is it with kids and the paci?
By the way, your comment about Maddie and the tooth fairy on your side bar...my niece is only 5 (barely) and is losing her 4th tooth. A week ago right before losing her 3rd she told me how excited she was for the tooth fairy to come bring her $20...who is spreading that around?! I didn't know the tooth fairy was so rich.
My nephew is almost 3 and still requires one at night. That and pieces of fabric that he usually wads up and sticks in his ear. What is it with kids and the paci?
By the way, your comment about Maddie and the tooth fairy on your side bar...my niece is only 5 (barely) and is losing her 4th tooth. A week ago right before losing her 3rd she told me how excited she was for the tooth fairy to come bring her $20...who is spreading that around?! I didn't know the tooth fairy was so rich.
Is it me or does that last picture look just like Jasper. Sorry Jen, I hate it when people tell me my kids look just like Russ, but seriously... spitting image.
Oh, and the paci thing, I'm a cold turkey kind of mom. At 1 they switch to a cup. With the pacifier Jonathon was the only one who has taken one but he also has a favorite blanket. So we just hid all of them (pacifiers,he still has the blanket) and within three days he was fine. It's as hard on us as it is on them!! NOw if I could just get him to sleep in his own bed before the baby comes!!
TOTALLY like Jasper!!!
She is so adorable. I love all these pics you capture of your kids. It makes me feel like I know them even though we are so far away. If we lived closer I think Emma and Tae would be the best of friends.
Neither one of my kids took to the paci, but Emma is a thumb sucker!! Wow. Comes in pretty handy, I never have to worry about losing it. Now her "nankie" (blanket) is another story. I had to buy another one so that I could wash them. She would stand by the washer and watch it and cry!! UGH! I've got to get our website updated.
You know how we weaned Elias from the binkie? He sold it. Yep. I finally told him (he was almost 2 1/2 years old) that we were going to Target and he could pick out any blanket he wanted, but it was going to cost him 2 binkies (the only two left). He thought about this for a while. Finally, he decided to do it. Unfortunately, he picked out a pink satin/minkie blanket. Um, any blanket but that one, son. I'm sorry. He picked out the green satin/minkie blanket. Upon checking out I quickly explained that my dear son was going to pay for his new blanket with his 2 binkies while I swiped the credit card. The lady said, "Oh, how sweet! Then do you want me to give them back to you?"
WOMAN! HELLO! Throw them in the trash!!
He gave her one. Sucked on the other. Finally, FINALLY, gave it over. Totally sad for him, but he was excited about his new blanket, and while that night was BAD, the rest were totally smooth, and he then had his new "comfort". Not to mention, he knew exactly where his binkies were- he bought a new blanket with them. That way they didn't just start disappearing which would have left him totally confused. (He's a very logical kid.)
THAT was long. Sorry.
Wow, she looks just like Jasper! I always thought she just looked like the rest of your kids, but in that picture.. totally like Jasper...in a good girl version way!
We called it the "Ba-Da" (Austin came up with it). I let him have it for bedtime until he was over 3! And I'm proud of it! Bedtime was SOOOOO easy. And at the end of the day, we are a much happier family if kids go to bed. So, I agree with you. Let her take it to college if she wants.
Awwwwww!
I'm pretty much down with whatever makes them happy. Brooklyn is in love with her blanket, and that's fine with me! Your little one is adorable, I wish they could meet each other!
Post a Comment