Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cracks...


Jay: (after catching a glimpse of my bare belly)  Mom, why is your tummy cracking?

Me: Uh...that would be your fault
Jay:  me?
Me: ya, you...you were 9 lbs and 8 oz when you were born so my skin stretched so much it started to crack!  
Jay:  Oh...(cheezey smile- he was quite proud)

So this photo is me only 7 months pregnant.  No joke, I looked and felt completely done.  I was huge.  

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth. How is it you are half my size and you had a baby .4 oz bigger than mine? So strange how that works.

Meredith said...

Yikes. You're pelvis must have been made for having babies!

I can't believe you were only 7 months in that picture...crazy!

Annette Larsen said...

Holy cow, you were only 7 months in that picture. He WAS huge.

Emily said...

How is it that you are half my size and had a baby almost double mine!!! Seriously...Macy was 4'15". Wow! I would have been miserable!

Emily said...

...but how absolutely adorable is Madeline in that picture!

Lindsay said...

YOU??? 9lbs 8oz??????

Wowza... I love preggy bellies and honestly, I will say again you have the most gorgeous children!

Amber said...

You were pretty big, but you still look amazing! Why is it we can think that about other pregnant women but not ourselves?!

Bryndie said...

I can'te believe you had a baby that big. You looked fabulous pregnant! I think my belly was twice that size though, I was gigantic!

chelle said...

Aren't you glad you have the photo? It is beautiful. Maddy is so cute. Makes me want another one, but that is the same old story. Anyway, you all three together like that is so sweet. m

Sarah Welsh said...

Maddie looks so cute in that picture, I had forgotten how much she & Taelyn look alike.

Jacqui said...

Oh man! I feel for you! My Ethan was about the same size and he looked three months old when he came out. Were you shocked how big he looked?

Love the cracked skin comment. Your little waist is so tiny now! It's amazing how we ever look semi-normal again (the semi- is for me, not you!).

Michelle Arnett said...

I hope I get to see you prego. . . you are sooo cute!

Kristy said...

What a beautiful preggy you were though!

Sandy said...

It's so amazing that Tae and Madie look like they could have been twins. The are seriously identical. What a cute picture. It's amazing that time slips by so quickly. What happened, our kids are growing so fast and they really need to meet each other someday. I'm sure Matthew would have a blast with the boys and Maddie, and Emma and Tae would be the best of friends.

9lbs.8 oz?? you must be super woman! Matthew was only 8lb 1 oz and I thought I was going to die.

Kendria said...

I love this! That is too funny- I can't wait until my kids and I can have funny conversations!

Aislinn said...

what a precious picture...and such a funny comment from your son.:) The things we go through to have children...poor cracking skin! How some people get away without stretch marks is beyond me.

tiffunny said...

That is a great picture. Wish I had had something like that with any of my pregnancies. Oh well. And I can't believe you could have such a big baby either. And I did think that was your little one at first, until i stopped and thought rationally about how you're not pregnant at the moment. Seriously - your family is just so picture perfect!!!