Monday, March 3, 2008

Handprints

Handprints


Sometimes you get discouraged 
Because I am so small 
And always leave my handprints on the wall
But every day I'm growing --I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints 
Will surely fade away
So here's a little handprint 
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small

(I love that Michele!  Thanks for the reminder!)

3 comments:

The Cureton Family said...

That is so sweet! I remember once when the boys were about 2 and we lived in a house with 2 huge mirrored doors in the dinning room. The boys loved to play with the mirrors and so it was impossible to keep them clean. My aunt came to babysit them one day and I mad some comment about how dirty those mirrors always are and I was embarrassed I didn't get them cleaned before she got there. She shook her head and said, "Don't clean those mirrors, take a picture instead, of their wonderful hand prints. Someday you will miss them." And she is so right. They grow up too fast.

Emily said...

I remember Vanna telling me that she leaves her grandaughter's fingerprints all over the coffee table after she leaves. Vanna is always so clean and meticulous. I thought it was so sweet that she cleaned "around" the fingerprints because they were just so precious. I try to think of that whenever I see a child's name written on a wall, or doorframes that are filthy about 2 1/2 feet up.

And I LOVE that picture. It's perfect with the hands and Tae in the background with her pacie. I love how you capture these perfect little moments.

heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.