Friday, March 7, 2008

Madeline


I keep forgetting to post about my sweet Madsie...

She is so friendly and wants to talk about a million miles a minute to everyone.  It makes me laugh when she really gets going.  So we were in Sam's the other day shopping.  The wonderful older ladies were out providing my children with samples for their lunch.  :)  At each little booth we stopped at Maddie went over to the ladies and gave them giant hugs.  This took the women by much surprise.  It was so cute to watch their faces light up over such a simple gesture from a little girl.  The last woman she hugged looked at me and said "What angels you have".  What...?  Was she talking to me?  Did she not see me practically wresting Tanner to the ground??  I suppose the hug over shadowed it all.  I think I'll take her everywhere I go....

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you have one Angel to even things out in the fam - mine are all devils...

Emily said...

She really is the sweetest thing. You just have very intuitive, affectionate children (who know how to work it to get free samples - that's a valuable life lesson). Seriously...I love her to pieces. She has to hug me when she gets to piano, then at least twice when she is leaving. And she always tells me how much she likes me. I should bring her with me everywhere I go!

Emily said...

Yes...even Tanner is very sweet and affectionate. How can I resist when he walks up to me and says, "Um...Emiwy..." I'd give that boy anything he wanted because he is just so adorable and animated when he talks.

tiffunny said...

Wow - what a sweet girl!

Christine said...

Aw! She sounds like Josh! We had to tell him to stop hugging all the girls at school . . .

Aislinn said...

That is so sweet....probably made their day! I'm surprised I have never run into you at Sam's Club, we practically live there...refer to my "samples" post ....

Rachel Clare said...

So cute! I'll bet those ladies loved that. I think the last time I saw Madeline was in Jeff and Jamelle's apartment at NAU and she was wearing one of those newborn nightgowns with the elastic at the bottom, but she was walking around! It was that moment when I thought, "I'm gettin my kids those nightgowns- boys or girls- that's such a good idea!". And I remember you saying that she liked the nightgowns and even though they were really too small, you still put her in them. I want to come up and see you guys!!