Thursday, November 15, 2007

Music

Just last week Jaren and Taelyn were quietly playing in Jay's bedroom. He has an alarm clock that they like to use to listen to the radio. They had turned it on and were playing, then somehow they accidentally changed the station. This super heavy metal song was on- quite loud too. I was in my room (right across the hallway) when I heard Taelyn crying, I walked into the hall and heard the hidious song, Taelyn was walking out of the room crying. I walked into the bedroom and found Jaren curled up in a ball on his bed with his pillow over his head sobbing. I turned off the blaring nightmarish song and asked if he was OK. He said he was. I asked if he and Taelyn had hit eachother...no. Well was it the music? "ya, I didn't like that song". This was yet another testimony to me of the power of music. It can ddrdive the spirit away in a matter of moments even if you're not listening the words. Or it can bring the spirit so quickly. I'm so thankful for these small moments that build my testimony! Never underestimate the power of music, and the strong and extremely sensitive spirits that are within or small children.

9 comments:

Aaron said...

Too true.

Meredith said...

How tender.

Emily said...

Wow - that's one for the books! You do have very intuitive children, just like you.

Brian and Kim said...

When I was researching on whether or not to have Brooklyn listen to her music at night, I was completely blown away. It's really scary.

Jaren is such a handsome kiddo. He is such a sweet little man. I love this pic of him.

Anonymous said...

Aww...kids are so sensitive to everything, it's such a gift.

MoM K said...

It was probably like having someone yelling at them and they couldn't stop it. Poor little things. I'm so glad you were close by to take care of them! Such sensitive little spirits! Can't wait to see you all this week!

MoM K said...

AND I love Jaren's picture!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

I know that music is scarry! I can't understand how people even like it. Your blog is great and I love all the pictures!

Anonymous said...

So true! The littlest ones always teach/remind us so much about life. I love it!