Thursday, November 8, 2007

For the record


I would just like to say to all of you who say "you're so patient, you just laugh at your kids naughtiness, you could handle more!" WRONG! I am so not patient. It is something I have to work on daily, and honestly that's not going so hot. Mind you when I am on my period...all hell may break loose at any moment (pretend I didn't just write that). But I do appriciate you saying how wonderful I am. :) I am a great friend, but the Mom thing just doesn't come as easily for me. I enjoy it so much, so I guess that's what's most important hey? And that's that! xoxoxo

8 comments:

Sarah Welsh said...

You are a great Mom! Trade you your skills with friends for some of my minor mom skills! (if only it was that easy, huh?)

Emily said...

I love you to death! I don't know what I would have done without you yesterday! You are a great friend, and a great mom. I know you didn't write that to get everybody to tell you how wonderful you are, but I do appreciate your advice. You're right - we are all doing our best. Sometimes I feel like all I do is complain about my wonderful blessings, but it does help to talk it out. Moms need great friends to help us all get through it. Thanks!
Plus...I know exactly what you're talking about during your period. I often feel like I've been possessed for a couple of days and I'm outside my body watching myself be totally unreasonable and I can't do anything about it. Love being a woman!

Meredith said...

Man, I wouldn't know what mothering would be like on my period, considering it's been such a LONG time since I had one!!!! I can only imagine...

You know, it almost sounds like you and I are in the same boat when it comes to being a mom. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Aaron said...

I love you man! You ARE a great mom, no matter how you feel right now. It is a hard thankless job but you do it! (and well, I should add) Your kids are kind, well-adjusted, smart, and funny! They are who they are and you love them for it. Not only that, but you see what makes them special and unique. This probably wasn't what you wanted to hear. You were trying to keep it real and share that you are not perfect. I get that! Who is? I swear somehow I have screwed up my kids, but it is life. Heavenly Father is the only perfect parent. Ultimately, He is all that matters and He makes up the difference for our dificiencies. We should all learn to be a little kinder to ourselves. Especially when we are PMSing. Speaking of which. I swear my visit with you synched us up. What is up with that!?!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! You said it all so perfectly! I wish that I too could figure out a way to be more patient with my children...At the end of the day when I think back at it, I feel horrible most days and it sucks. But to change is so hard. I wish I could just go to the store and buy some patients (is that how you spell it?). You are a great friend and I am glad to know you!

LeMira said...

Oh, I think we all feel that way some days.

Aaron said...

meaning that all of the sudden a week early I am PMSing too.;)

Michelle Arnett said...

regardless of what you say, I think you can handle it. . .and more. . . at least one more! Haha, just kidding, as many as you want I won't pressure you into having another baby just because I am. Love ya.