Today Tanner was trying to tell me something...I couldn't understand what exactly he was talking about. It was really frustrating him so he says this to me "mom, you're just like a little kid! You can't understand anything I'm saying!!!" he was maaaaaaad. He said this to me like 5 times over and over telling me I'm a little kid. He's far too amusing.
Tanner prays every night about this woman...

He saw The Emperors New Groove like 2 years ago and is STILL scared of HER!! He says this:
"Please bless that I won't have any Cusco, Ezme dreams...." It's so sad. I told him tonight that maybe we should watch it again so that he can see that she's not scary. He said "Don't ever ever record that show mom! I wish it was never even made!" I thought that after he had that one scary dream he'd get over it after TWO years! But noooo, he's still scared!
I can still remember a dream I had when I was about 5. I was in my parents room on their bed when this creepy wart infested hand reached in through the window and up over the top of the curtain rod, grabbed me and pulled me out the window to the back yard. There he/it proceeded to put me on what looked like a hot dog stand. But instead of there being condiments in all of the small round bins, there were SHOTS. Yes, shots. So he gave me shot after shot after shot. So scary people! I can still completely see it!!! Although luckily, I'm no longer scared, just scarred.....for LIFE. :)
So what do I do, just keep waiting for him to get over it??






9 comments:
Emporers New Groove is my very favorite Disney EVER! So dang funny.
At least it's not the monkeys from "Wizard of Oz" anymore. I felt AWFUL for showing him that movie. And your dream - freaky! I think all wart infested hands are extremely scary. All I can say is that Austin slept with a "Scorpion Killer" (a red, plastic hammer) next to his bed for YEARS (probably three or four) because he was deathly afraid of scorpions (and you know the horrible scorpion problem we have in Utah). We tried everything we could think of - reasoning with him, showing him on a map where scorpions live, praying that he would be protected and not scared, etc. Finally, one night out of desperation, I handed him the hammer and told him it was his Scorpion Killer and he was fine. He would climb in bed, set the hammer on the floor right where he had just said his prayers, and he was no longer afraid. And like you said, he eventually grew out of it.
Jen, he's totally right, you ARE like a little kid!
And Emma always says stuff exactly like that, "i wish that was never invented!" " i wish that didn't really happen and it was just a dream!"
Poor Tan Man. Is there any way you could make it funny for him? Once Emma was really scared of dinosaurs living in her closet, so we made up a dinorosaur who had one leg and had to hop around like a freak...I did an impression with my legs stuck together and my hands super close to my body like a t-rex and she loved it, I don't think she was scared anymore! Maybe you guys could draw a picture of Esme with boogers in her nose, or wearing heart pajamas or a crazy hat?
Awwww-poor little man. My son has an equally odd fear of wolves. He'll watch THE scariest shows as he's obsessed with witches (don't ask) and pretty much all things you'd find at Halloween but for some strange reason the wolves have set him OFF. He even covers the heat vents at night. For obvious wolf deterance as that's how they enter everyone's bedroom. And then his room is ICE in the morning and I tell him AGAIN not to cover the vents or he's going to freeze to death.
I love your blog and seeing how you've grown so much since I've last seen you (eons!! ago). Makes me sad we don't live closer but happy that we've reconnected in cyberspace.
Hugs from here, E
poor Tan Tan. Too bad you can't trick him into watching it....that really is a funny movie.
What about the ending where she turns into a kitty?? It's hilarious! Maybe that would help do what Jana was talking about! ???
Yeah, remind him that she turns into a kitty! "Is that MY voice?"
So, I tried to take my own advice and we sprayed Macy's bedroom with Zombie Spray before bed last night (it was actually air freshner). She sprayed it under the bed, in the closet, on both bunks...but she still came in our room at 2:30 terrified of zombies. Ahhhhh....
Jen, thanks for sending me the invite to your blog! It's great to read about your family again. My son Robert kept a hammer beside his bed, a REAL hammer, when he was in his teens. That way he was prepared for any one who attacked him while he was asleep.
Jen, you make me laugh!! Poor Tanner. I agree with someone else who commented... I would trick him into watching it.
Post a Comment