Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jay Bay

OH, my sweet Jaren.

Still acts older than he really is. Has been doing this since he was, oh say, a week old.

He seems to "already know that" whenever we tell him anything....
He loves to take care of people.
Hates being alone.
Has a funny bone...he's actually quite hilarious and silly. But he's got to be 100% comfortable around you to act silly.
Generally ignores people when they talk to him. (we're working on this one)
A peacemaker. Sometimes to a fault.

Already thinks deeply. And asks deep questions.
Hides everything. His excitement. His disappointment. His emotions. This one worries me a little. I'm trying to figure out how to get him to really talk about how he feels. This is NOT an easy task. Any advice would be much appreciated!

This 7 year old is thoughtful, kind, genuine and so caring.
I love you this much Jay Baby
--------------------------------------0--------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

C'est La Vie said...

I have a friend that hides every emotion and it drives me nuts. but it faded with time, not advice, but maybe hope :) He's so handsome

MoM K said...

Yeah, he has been clever from the start. Remember how he wouldn't say "Kimi"when we knew he could? and then he finally said it accidentally? He loves to be nice - remember how he said that?

Emily said...

That's so funny - Jaren does say that he already knows things. When I'm teaching him piano, and I bring up something new, he always acts like he's known for years. He is so sweet. I love that first picture. It is so "him."

Jacqui said...

He sounds so much like my Olivia except she is NOT a peacemaker at all! :) But everything else--ignoring those speaking and hiding all feelings...so much like my seven year old. Let me know if you come up with anything! I recently had a little heart-to-heart (just blogged it) with her, and it seemed to make an impact.