Last August we went to Bear Lake. It was such a good time. We went with our great friends who also have a butt load of kids. It's nice go places with them because we seem to have equal insanity around us. The noise level is never low. The kids always have someone to play with and we really love Greg and Emily. Since I'm creating this blog in place of my journal, I had to add mounds of photos. :)
Bear Lake is so gorgeous! And check out this rainbow. Tender.
This was our view from where we stayed. Perfect weather!
We spent all day on the lake one day...it was so beautiful. We found the perfect little beach that was shallow for a good 1/4 mile. And the sand.....oh, I wish I was there now to put my feet in that sand. The beach is my favorite place. Jaren and Austin playing...
Chases first experience with sand....it was hilarious. He just kept trying to eat it. And had a scowl on his face the entire time. I love his mini feet in this photo!

Sweet Tae Tae playing in the sand. Loves Dora, that dang paci, nursery & friends.
Greg gave Tanner the wheel to drive the boat. He was sooooooo excited! He actually did pretty good!
The Men. Enough said...

Buster, Chuckles, Chasey-face, Chasers
Tae and her BFF Paige
We burried Maddie...she was a good sport. I would like her stop growing up. Now.
We spent a good hour making a castle village...it was pretty awesome when we were done. Thanks to Emily for snapping some of me with my kiddies! 

With in MINUTES of getting to the beach I felt something cold on my chest. I thought a kid had spit on me or something. Then Emily looks and tells me I've been POOPED on! Dang dittley ding dang dong bird! We laughed pretty hard though....you can barely see it in this pic - it's right smack dab in the middle of my chest. Yellow. And gross.
Now, let me tell you about what happened after this perfect day (minus 3 babies screaming because the couldn't get to sleep on the boat, and a 2 yr old and 3 yr. old who love to whine, and the few fights between the other 5 kids). We're unloading the boat after it's been docked in the marina. The kids (8 of them) are in one van watching a movie- we can see them from where the boat is. I grab a giant Ikea back full of towels and beach stuff. I get the keys out of the bag and put them in the other hand. I'm walking down the dock, I adjust my gianormous bag. Somehow as I'm adjusting the tip of the bag hits my keys and fly up and over me. Straight. Into. The. Water. I watch them sink, slowly, not knowing what to do. I think "If I just in I'll lose my sunglasses" what the?! So I scream for Jasper. Then walk back to Emily and her 2 babies and the men. I can't believe what I've just done. Now, back up one week. I'm at church and I lose my keys. No where to be found. They're gone. That leaves me with ONE and only ONE set of keys. They're now at the bottom of the Bear Lake Marina. Now, thank goodness we were with Greg and Emily. They laughed about it. They kept us calm. Even Jasper didn't freak out. So Greg and Jasper try going down into the water. It's so merky and dark and just plain scary. And really pretty dangerous. It's 12 feet to the bottom. They give that a try for a while. Then we decide to wait until morning. We ALL stuff into ONE van, 10 kids, 3 are in infant car seats, and 4 adults. Can you just imagine how LOUD that drive home was? Everyone was hungry and tired. The babies were crying - I wanted to join in. So, we look at all our options. It will take me getting our van towed to the next town- an hour away to have them look at our car and see if they can make us new keys. Because they have a computer chip in them, it may cost up to $2000. Yes, seriously. And it'll take 3-4 days. So Jasper and Greg get these long poles and stick magnets on the end....they did that at the marina the next day for like 4 hours. HAHAHA! No luck. So we have to stay an extra day- Macy misses her first day of Kindergarten. :) Monday Jasper decides to call a scuba diver. Brill. They come out and found our keys in 20 minutes! It was really really quite the ordeal. But a fabulous memory. PLUS, we got to stay in that beautiful place for an extra day.
And home we went.... :) The next Sunday, someone turned in my keys.






5 comments:
First of all, we love you too.
Secondly, I had completely forgotten about the crazy drive home from the marina. Everyone - EVERYONE - was grumpy. I'm sure we looked like one of those cars at the circus that they try to stuff in as many clowns as possible. Oh, and Macy is totally over missing the first day of Kindergarten (especially since I didn't tell her).
Third, thanks so much for letting me play with your camera. It was so fun! Whereas my dreams used to be filled with Brad Pitt, now all I think about is a D300.
Finally, that picture does NOT do justice to the bird poop incident.
Oh, and our husbands are HOT!!! (That really can't be said enough.)
That is SUCH a great story.
And I am SO excited to go there in the summa!!!!!
I loved this post- loved the pictures, loved that you told both sides of the story, good and bad! And I LOVE summer! Can't wait.
Last year on Labor Day we went boating on my parents boat with my brother and sis-in-law and their son. At the end of a long day, the kids all wanted to play on the beach while the men got the boat out. We brought my sis-in-law's car over by the beach so we could meet the men after (the road was too busy for the truck and boat to pull over to pick us up, then turn around). Well, I was playing with my kids a little further up the beach when my sister saw the men get done with the boat, and she got in her car and LEFT ME! I had to walk 1/2 a mile to the boat ramp carrying Abbie, two life jackets, toys and all our towels WITHOUT SHOES! I may or may not have used any expletives. .
Oh. my. gosh.
That was a heck of a story!
I love that it took a scuba diver to find your keys at church . . . okay, I know that's not how it really went, but it sure seems that way!!
Post a Comment