Monday, March 29, 2010

Girls Heart Food, Boys Heart Swords

After a thought provoking lesson on Sunday about parenthood I came home and asked the same question to my chillens and lovely Anne (teacher) asked hers. It was quite amusing.


Q: "What is the most important thing I can teach you?"

Maddie: "How to handle bad situations" and (my personal fave) "Dessert is NOT the meaning of dinner" I say, speak for yourself Maddie Sue. :)
Jaren:"You should teach us about the Gospel" and "That you love me"
Tanner: "How to block a sword" and "If someone steals me, I'll kill them"
Tae: "To ask for a cookie" and "To be nice"

Q: "What's the most important thing you can give someone?"

Maddie: Love
Jaren: A sword or love
Tanner: A ninja costume
Tae: Treats

Well there you go people. I have my work cut out for me.


7 comments:

Jana said...

Wow, I don't even know where to start...your kids say the best things.
I like how Jaren is torn. A sword...or love. I mean, they're very similar.
I think my favorite is that you have to teach Tanner how to block a sword. I mean, imagine if you neglected that skill...

Christine said...

Oh my gosh! I love it so much! The variety in your kids' answers is SO FUNNY!

Emily said...

Actually, I think they are quite accurate. You CANNOT underestimate the importance of knowing how to block a sword...or ask for a cookie. Personally, I would be honored to receive any of the following as a heartfelt gift: Love, a sword (or love - but then again, Maddie is already giving that - just something to think about), a ninja costume, or treats.

You have taught them well!

Jackie said...

Love this! thanks for the laughs. :-)

C'est La Vie said...

hahaha Tanner cracks me up

Annette Larsen said...

A ninja costume is for sure the most important. And I'm glad that Tan plans to kill his kidnappers, they deserve it.

And I love that Jaren puts swords and love on a level playing field. Good Gravy.

Kimberly Jepson said...

Hahaha!! Your kids crack me up so bad. Love it.