First of all, I cut off his lovely lovely blonde locks of love!! It was so hard to do! I didn't really want to do it, but I was peer pressured. He just doesn't look as good with short hair as long hair. Waaaah.
Ok, so yesterday I bought a rotisserie chicken for dinner, I left it on the counter. I came back down and it was torn to shreds and and smushed flat. I said "What happened to the chicken??" Tanner yells from the other room, "I stepped on it mom!" "WHAT??" He calmly strolls into the kitchen, "Ya, I put my feet on it" "Whyyyyy Tanner?" "Because I wanted to keep it warm for evow and evow" Of course! Why did I think of that? All this time I've been keeping things warm in the oven...when all I needed to do was have Tanner stand on it. Next time, I will use this method.






15 comments:
You know - it's just impossible to anticipate absolutely everything (or anything) that they will think of. This story is absolutely hilarious. I was laughing my head off picturing the smooshed chicken and then picturing Tanner walking around with the chicken on his feet. So funny!
He is so darn cute! Can I have him?
He looks like such a bigger boy with the haircut!
And I can't believe that he did that with the chicken. Holy....cow.... I don't know what I would do.
for evow and evow! He is so funny!
ok, I'm dumb...evow and evow??
Jack has (had) the same haircut and I was so sad when we cut it short, we've finally got it all grown back and we're keeping it that way!
Too bad you can't cut off his deviousness like you did his hair! He still is too cute!
Jen, Tanner is playing right here by me and I asked him how he kept the chicken warm, he very calmly and matter of factly said, "I helped my mom because I put my feet on it." You have amazing patience. I would have yelled at my kiddos and they would have been permantly damaged for life. Thanks for the example.
Wow, did you really not yell at him? how do you keep your cool? I need some lessons.
I can't cut my kids hair and hearing you say that Tanner looked better with his long hair leads me to believe I will NEVER be able to cut it!
YOU ARE SO PATIENT. Supermom even. I might have turned Elias INTO a chicken....
It's the face, isn't it? He's so stinkin' cute that you just can't be mad at him?
I think his new "do" is cute but what wouldn't be cute on that boy? He could get away with any haircut. Of course his longer hair was adorable because you kept it the perfect length all the time - he never got too shaggy. I'm the opposite. I'm dying to cut my boy's hair cause i can't stand it being long - but his dad disagrees. The deal was I get to cut it in the spring.
And about the chicken. I wouldn't have handled it well. Good job. Seriously.
P.S. I saw your post on refinishing kitchen cabinets. I don't know if you've done anything about it, but I did mine and LOVE the results. It's been almost four years and they still look great. They were the ugly orangish oak...ugh. Hated that. So I sanded, primed and painted them an off white, then glazed over with a smoke-colored glaze. I replaced the hardware and put in a travertine backsplash. It cost about $300 total and the results are amazing. It was an absolute pain in the rump, but was worth every ounce of sweat. My friend did hers that green color you have on the blog and it looks fantastic. Several others have done the black, which looks great, too. Good luck!
Oh man - I love how casually he admits to it. I've got a couple like that!
Tanner looks like Jaren with that haircut! Was he wearing the wolfsuit when he put his feet on the chicken to keep it warm?
HOLY COW!!! That is SO Funny! He cracks me up! And Tanner kind of looks like Jaren with the haircut!
Post a Comment