Thursday, January 24, 2008

Michelle

Today I was able to photograph my great friend Michelle's c-section. Little Kira is so so cute!! I was just an amazing experience to be there and to see this enter the world! I've never seen a c-section...it was soooo cool! And when they stitch her up with her uterus outside the belly...it was amazing!! I loved it with all my heart. I would love to be an OB. Now definitely would not want to go to school for so long... but all the same, I can see why people go into that field.
Michelle is a strong, fabulous woman. She lost her 2 year old son James just a year a half ago. It's been a long, hard road. This baby is more than wanted. She will be cherished all of her life. Congrats Michelle!

This first picture was taken yesterday....I'm so glad we took the time to do them!




7 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats Michelle. I couldn't be happier for you!

Brian and Kim said...

She's beautiful!!! Congrats, Michelle.

Jen, the pic with the surgeons hands is absolutely amazing. Magnificant!!! mewa!!

Jamelle Kelly said...

What an amazing experience. love the images.

Bethany said...

wonderful pictures, Jen. i'm always wowed by your work.

Rachel Clare said...

What a fantastic experience! Congrats to this new mom! Love the first shot too. Aren't c-sections amazing? Bishop Johansen let me observe one when I was in college. HOLY COW. Didn't know they layed the uterus on TOP of the belly! I was in awe the whole time. And for you to have your camera there! How cool.

sara said...

p
r
e
c
i
o
u
s

What a neat experience. I feel the same - but I've only aspired to be a delivery nurse!

Michelle Arnett said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Jen, I can't tell you thank you enough. You gave me the most priceless gift in the world-the gift of memories. I wasn't sure if we would get to do my prego shots. . . I am so glad we did, they turned out so fabulous. Thanks for being such a GREAT friend. Hope you have Lots o fun in Hawaii, I am jealous! Love ya