Monday, August 20, 2007

1st grade is here

I've been worried all day. What if she doesn't have anybody to sit with at lunch, or what if she is alone at recess? And what if she gets homesick because it's such a long day?? Only 2 more hours and I will know...She was so excited for today, I hope it went well! Here are a few pics from this morning when I dropped her off. Jaren came with us too. And she insisted on wearing my necklace...how cute. We're going to make her a first day of school cake. She'll love me for that. =) By the way I'll post a picture of her backpack, it's definitely NOT Dora =).



13 comments:

Mel said...

I can't believe she is in 1st grade! What a cutie. I almost started crying when I though about how I will react the day Dallin goes to school- I can imagine how you feel. You are so cute to make a cake for her special day.

Bethany said...

she looks so cute! i love her outfit.

Jennifer said...

I love that one where she is standing in the crowd!!

Kyan starts Kindergarten next Monday!

Emily said...

I agree with Jennifer - I love the one with her waiting with all the kids. Austin starts tomorrow (we're leaving for WalMart in about 10 minutes to find a backpack and other school gear), and I was trying to think of something to make it special. I might have to steal the cake idea.

She's absolutely adorable (and the necklace looks beautiful with her outfit).

Sandy said...

I felt the same way when Matthew started two weeks ago. He was going to a new school and I was so worried that he wouldn't have friends there and would hate it, but after two days there he came home and asked me if he could go to second grade there too. Thank Goodness! Yeah AZ is nuts, they like to start school in the middle of summer pretty much! This is Matthew's third week of 1st grade.

paige said...

If she isn't the most adoarable1st grader ever! The pictures are so cute. I am dreading having to send Polly to school, but finally having her in nursery is the greatest!

sara said...

LOVE these pictures. wow. She is beautiful! I hope she had a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

How fun for her to be a first grader. I think that I will have the same thought when Tess goes, but I am glad to start with Kindergarten, I can handle that. You really are a cool Mom to make her a first day of school cake.

Brian and Kim said...

I love the pics with Jaren holding her hand. He is such a sweet kid!! He'll make a great husband someday!!

AudyCamp said...

She's adorable!..You're right-that's the age where all the little things start to matter..who to sit by etc. It's hard being a mom.

Meredith said...

Wow Jen, could you GET any more comments!?

I love all of the pictures! Maddie is turning into a lovely girl!

Rachel Clare said...

Oh my gosh, was this SO hard for you? I'm dreading the day. I hope it went well!

Michelle Arnett said...

She's definitely way to beautiful! She is so decked out. . . she looks gorgeous, old and independant, does that scare you? Ah, what a wonderfully sweet girly girl. I love that she insisted on wearing your necklace.