Friday, October 26, 2007

Yumm-0

So I have been trying a few of those recipes with purees in them. They're sooo good! I've been very impressed. The brownies are OK, not your normal melt in your mouth brownies. My mom would hate them. But for kids, you can't go wrong with a brownie that has 3 grams of fiber in it! I've added sweet potato to grilled cheese, excellent! And the chicken nuggets are coated in broccoli puree, whole wheat breadcrumbs and flaxseed. Also really good. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Jen--the Five basic food groups according to my dad are butter, sugar, chocolate, candy, and cream. If it ain't got them it ain't good for me. Puree broccoli? I am not so sure about that!;) Really? Good? Hmmmmm....

Meredith said...

Sounds interesting; my mom is on a quest for that book.

Jennifer said...

Her brownie recipe looked too low fat to me LOL So I tried a Paula Deen recipe and added the 1/2 cup carrot and they were great. Then I also tried a boxed brownie mix and added the 1/2 cup carrot and they were awesome too.
I really havent used any of her recipes, I just use her ideas, and use my own recipes.
Try the tomato and carrot in taco meat for tacos, that is the BEST!!