
This is post 101! I can't believe I've done that many! Anyway...did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? I'm secretly a health freak, and I love love learning about food...well anything related to health really. So this was so fascinating! It was about Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook. She uses vegetable purees in everything- literally- everything she makes. So she's not fighting with her kids everyday about eating their vegetables. For example, kids love Mac n Chz, so instead of using the cheese crap, she purees butternut squash, it looks just the same! Kids don't even notice, and they love it. How brill is she!? So...I'm sure all stores are out of them, but there's always Amazon. :)
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
101
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






13 comments:
Let me know if you can truely "trick" your kids and then I will go out a buy it to! I think my girls would be able to taste it and then they wouldnt' trust me anymore to cook for them...
I've tried doing that with meatloaf (for ourselves to get more veggies), and it works really well! I chopped up carrots extremely fine, and you couldn't even tell it was in there.
I'm going to have to look into that book.
oh, and p.s. Eric hit my 101 mark when he posted on mine! :)
Yes, I saw it! Go get the book, I'm depending on you to tell me if it's good!
I have a REALLY yummy crock pot, pot roast recipe, where you puree the carrots, tomatoes, etc that cook with it to make the gravy. It's really yummy, so I imagine that the other stuff would be really good to!
I wanted to see that, I have it on the Dvr~
My mom just called me today to tell me that she's getting that book for me! Sweet!
I saw it on the Today Show this morning. We do the pumpkin pancakes - they are really yummy. I want to get the book, too. It totally makes sense - I hate veggies, so it will help me and my kids.
Ok so I tried the carrot puree in the brownies! I dont have the book, but I used a Paula Deen brownie recipe, and added the carrot puree and you cant taste it!! Both kids ate one.
Last night I added tomato puree to taco meat for tacos, couldnt taste it! Actully made it better.
Today I made green bean puree and I am going to add it to spaghetti! YAY!
This is neato cause Kyan is ULTRA picky.
JENN, that is so COOL! I had to order it off of Amazon...but I'm so excited to get it! Tell me how the beans go over!
green bean in spaghetti worked also!! You can also do carrot puree in spaghetti too...and I think there are others.
It was 1/2 cup puree. I kept tasting as I was adding, to make sure it wouldnt be a green bean taste.
I got the book tonight at Target, its neat! She tells you how to prepare each fruit or vegtable. Like yesterday I got a butternut squash and had no idea how to prepare it for puree.
Someone else was talking about that too... great idea!!
Post a Comment