Sunday, October 7, 2007

Family family family

Conference weekend...it was so good! Wasn't it sooo good (all those of you who listened :) ) It was just what I needed. I decided it was high time for some actual family photos- they're just so stressful!! But it was so fun! We let the kids decide where they wanted our pictures, they chose our bed. So...that's what we did. Then went into the backyard. It was so nice and relaxed just staying home for the pictures. Well, it was nice staying home all weekend, plus 4 of my sisters were here, as well as my parents. It was fab to see everyone! Anyway...XOXOXO to everyone.
And- for those of you who watched conference, what was your "personal message"? I'd love hearing what really struck you. Share...PLEASE!






12 comments:

Bethany said...

wow! I love the family photos. You did a great job, as always. My "personal" message. there were many, but I really enjoyed Elder Condie.. "the Lord remember Rachel". that whole talk was amazing. Also, Elder Callister.. you know you know talk. There is always so much to learn from conference.

Meredith said...

Very cute pictures! I'm always so sad that we aren't in that part of the country to visit when everyone gets together like that. And I'm sure Eric feels it more than me.

I was very moved by Sister Beck's talk. I was in tears when she was done (maybe because I feel like such a horrible mom).

And I was wondering, do Mormon's ever think that conference is bad, or not soooo good???

Sarah Welsh said...

You have such a cute family, so of course your family pictures are just adorable.

I'm SO with you on conference, wasn't it just WONDERFUL!! I loved Sister Beck's talk, it was so motivating to do better. I also loved Elder Worthlin's (is that how you spell it?) talk on love. I loved the story about the old couple where the husband would paint the wife's nails. I thought that his point was really exemplified when Elder Maxwell (I think that's who it was) came up & helped him be able to finish his talk.

Emily said...

Jen - I LOVE these pictures. It sure doesn't look like it was stressful. It looks like you guys had a great time hanging out together. You are so beautiful. You really look great, and your kids are always adorable.

Conference was wonderful. I did a fairly good job at watching most of it (Saturday afternoon was hitand-miss.) I loved Sister Beck's talk, too. Although I am a little stressed at the "house of order." I struggle every day with organization. I really enjoyed President Eyring's talk about learning to recognize the Lord's hand in our lives. I agree with him - I beleive that the more we look, the more we will find. I also loved Elder Oaks' talk on "good...better...best." It really is true. I feel like I fill my day with a lot of "good" stuff, but if I really examined my time, I'm sure there is something better that I could be doing. It probably goes along with the house of order that Sister Beck talked about. Also, I really loved the hymn arrangement of "I Believe in Christ" on Saturday morning. Even though I love music, sometimes the choir gets a little dramatic (long and boring). But, I really liked the harmony at the end of that song. It was very moving!

What was your "moment"? You never said.

Brian and Kim said...

Jen, Jen, Jen...You are so beautiful!!! Jasper is a lucky guy. I love you kids, they are so fun and cute, cute, cute!!!

I love spending time with family on Conference weekend. It's a tradition I look forward to.

Conference was so great!! I needed every one of those talks. There is so many that I soaked up. I have to say that my favorite talk actually came from the Woman's Conference. I loved Pres. Monson's talk. He said that instead of praying for a task to meet our ability, we need to pray for the ability to meet the task. Everyday I take that message and run with it. I am finding peace in every decision that I make because of this. It's so true that we need his help for every task whether it is great or small. Along with Bro. Oaks talk on good.. better... best. How can I reach for the best without help from our Heavenly Father.

There you have it...

Sandy said...

Holy cow. It seems like it has been so long since we have been together. Your family is so beautiful. I was looking at pictures the other day of Maddie and Matthew playing at our cute little apartment at NAU. How far we have come since those days. We are hoping to attend conference again in April and stay a couple extra days so we can see everyone.

I love Elder Scott's talk. I was able to meet him last March and he is such an amazing person. I always feel like he is talking to only me. Pres. Monson always always has great talks and I love Pres. Hinkley's sense of humor. What an amazing man.

I hope that we can see each other soon. Will you be in Flag. over the holidays? Maybe we could make a trip up there to visit.

Anonymous said...

Great family pictures! I love conference weekends, but I have to admit it is mostly becasue we don't have to go to church! I actually think it would be great if there was a general conference once a month!

sara said...

LOVE the family pics!!!! SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

sara said...

woops. I hit return on accident. - Ditto with everyone else!!! Sis. Beck's talk was amazing. How she said "We should be the BEST in the world at what we do" - and to "Pattern our house after the house of the Lord". - To spend more TIME w/ our children - and have less distraction, less media. I have a whole new outlook on life - I'm recharged!
I can't wait to read Elder Wirthlin's talk -it was really good, but I was wanting to jump through the T.V. and save him (thank you Elder Nelson!)
Also Elder Oaks - You may be doing good things w/ your time - but are they the BEST things to be doing?- that struck me. (because my answer was 'no')
And Elder Eyring - to write down the happenings of your day -so you and your children can see how the hand of God has touched your family's life - to remember and not forget God. - how EVERYONE has had spiritual experiences.
very cool. sorry. didn't mean to make this a novel!
I bet is was WONDERFUL to have all your family around you!!

AudyCamp said...

Your pictures are great & they actually look like you all are very calm & peaceful. :/ I loved Sister Beck & Elder Eyring's talks. I also loved the brother who spoke about his inactive father and told as the family chanted "shower..shower". Made me realize that we need to try harder with our inactive family memebers!

heidi said...

Jen,your family is so cute! You are an amazing photographer. I love looking at all your pictures.
love ya.

Jana said...

So, wait...who took the pictures? Did you do those with a timer or did someone take them? I posted my conference fave on my bloggy!