Just the other night I was able to photograph a day old baby who had just passed away. It was such a sweet experience. It was really difficult at first seeing her little body so lifeless, but she was so beautiful and just precious. It was the parents first child and had no idea there were going to be complications. The spirit I felt while I did that session was so calming. I feel so blessed to have taken part in such an experience. I'm a member of an organization that does infant bereavement photos for free. If you know of anyone going through such a tragedy- it's a wonderful service- I can get you or a friend more information. It made me realize more and more how delicate life is. We must appreciate it now while we have it so freely....we just never know what tomorrow holds for us.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
What an experience! Thanks for sharing, I love hearing about things people have done that have touched them so much.
Pretty amazing experience for you. How special for the Mom to have the pictures to remember her. I have seen pictures of one of my friends baby who passed away a few hours after birth and it is quiet amazing how peaceful and perfect she looked. The pictures were everything to her. How lucky you are to be able to have experiences like this.
It's so good that they'll have those pictures--I don't think people often would think of doing something like that, but it is so priceless later on.
I totally agree with Jana. We had a family who was lost a 19-weeker, and the dad was so inappropriate about the infant-loss services we can provide for our patients. It made me so sad, especially for the mom. I'm sure some day they will wish that they had something to remember their little one by.
You are a great person for doing this. And I know it's a hard thing to do, believe me, I cry every time I see one of those lifeless, perfect little bodies. It's just so sad.
I feel so blessed to have two wonderful, happy and healthy children. I can't even imagine the emotions that those parents are going through. What an amazing opportunity for you to give them something to remember their sweet baby by. I bet the photo's are amazing. You seem to capture the essence of a person, not just their photograph, but their soul.
i bet the photos are beautiful. what a special experience.
Jen, how did you join that organization? I'd love to look into it. I'm glad you were able to have such a great experience. Sweet.
jen..You are amazing and so special to do this for people. I know your talent is given by Heavenly Father and not only special for capturing families but for times like this too. I hope you know how SPECIAL you are!
I know this is a little late for a comment, but coming from someone who has experienced this, I am ever grateful to our photographer who captured our little Clarissa in pictures. I treasure the mementos I have of her. So I know just how grateful that family is for your willingness to take on such a precious task. So, thank you for being one of those special people who make the loss a little more bearable.
My mom lost a premie (at 30 weeks) just a couple hours after birth. He was born perfect and healthy, then just slipped away somehow. The only pictures my parents have are of him in his casket with a blanket my mom made and a teddy bear. I know they're grateful to have any pictures at all, but wouldn't it have been great to have some beautiful pictures of their precious boy outside of a casket at his funeral? Jen, it must be amazing to do what you do. I believe when a death has just occurred, the veil is very thin...
Post a Comment