Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Disneyland


This was such a great trip.  It's probably the first "real" vacation we've taken with the kids that hasn't been with either of our extended families.  We started off in L.A. with my amazingly fantastical aunt Bonnie who let us stay with her.  It was so nice to have a home-base bigger than a hotel room.  We went to my favorite store ever- H&M (although I don't like that you can't buy anything online...grrr) and then hung with Bon Bon.  On Sunday night we went to this club in downtown Hollywood for Ramsey and Ashley's engagement party.  It was so nice to hang out with all of Jasper's fam.  They're so so so so great.  I just can't even tell you how blessed I feel to have such fab in laws.  They're all I could have hoped for...which I know is rare.  Monday we hung out with the fam some more.  Relish. Me, Mama-in-law & Ashley the fab


At the Par-tay






Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in magical kingdom.  The kids loved it.  It was very hot those days...the heat blew in just for us.  :(  Greg and Emily and their 3 kids met us at Disneyland, and Ashley spent all 3 days with us.  I highly recommend a 3rd adult with 4 small kids.  :)  Thanks Ash!  Then we drove to St. George and seriously did practically nothing.  It was pretty much heaven.  A great re-coup from the previous week.   We went swimming one day, and I ran into my SISTER there.  It was completely absolutely random.  Christine lives in Cedar City with her 5 kids.  She's pretty much the mom of the world.  WISE.  If you ever need good, non-biased advice, she's your girl.  It was just so crazy that we ended up at the very same swimming pool together.  She didn't even know we were in St. George.  Isn't that so freaky?  Love to you Christine.  You look amAzing by the way.  
Anyway...here's a few pics.  I wasn't very good at taking photos at Disneyland...I couldn't quite bring myself to bring out the beast of a camera too often.  Oh well...

Cooling off...notice T's head all the way in the fountain...








Watching the Pixar Parade:  Tan's fave.


Tae's latest loves of expression
Greg & Emily's kids...and ours too.  Minus Maddie.
 




P.S. I find out if we're having a boy or a girl on FRIDAY! Give me some girl vibes please.

22 comments:

Sera said...

Sounds like a great trip! Especially the part where you did nothing at all. That's the best. (((((((Girl Vibes))))))) comin' atcha! Can't wait to hear the news. :)

LeMira said...

I love the pictures on the trash cans -- so great! And Bon's the best! I'm glad you all had so much fun.

tiffunny said...

I'm jealous of your Disneyland trip! Looks fun (minus the heat). How were the lines that time of year? And here's the vibes you wanted ~~~~~~~~. No matter what the baby is it's guaranteed to be adorable (but i'm a girl fan!)

Annette Larsen said...

Fun! That sounds fabulous, and I can't believe you ran into Christine, that's hilarious.

~~~~~Girlie Girlie Girl vibes~~~~~

sara said...

shut up - you're already finding out!!?? THAT WILL BE EXCITING!

FUN, FUN, FAMILY TRIP!!!!

Jacqui said...

So, did you feel like an adult on this trip? We went on the same trip last January, the first one for our family without any grandparents, and I told Jeff that I feel like an ADULT! Woo-hoo!

So fun. Great trip. Cute pics and you look fab, dawling.

Tanya said...

Sounds like you had an amazing trip to Disneyland!! would so love to go there one day!!! gorgeous pics of your trip!!

Girl vibes coming your way :)

t. xx

chelle said...

I love the magic kingdom. What fun.

Let us know about the baby! I am so excited for you. m

Meredith said...

Looks like you had a great trip!!! We had a blast at Disneyland and we're so glad we went. The Pixar Parade was probably the boys' favorite thing, too. It was just SO FUN! And I totally know what you mean about getting the monster of a camera out. I've actually been thinking of getting a point and shoot, just for stuff like that.

My fingers are crossed for a girl for you, and if it means anything, my gut is telling you that you're having a girl. My gut is usually right, except when I'm pregnant.

Amber said...

What a fun trip! I admit I'm jealous.

You look FABulous! You don't even look pregnant, and I can't believe you're finding out already. Hope it's a ~~~~girl~~~~.

Jackie said...

So jealous of the trip.... Glad you had fun!

And excuse me- but didnt' you say you were going to gain tons of weight? I don't see it yet! Can't believe you're finding out that you're having a GIRL on Friday. :-)

Sandy said...

Yeah! I find out on Wed. I hope you get another girl:)

Barbara said...

OH MY GOSH! Congrats! I had no idea that you were prego. How exciting! Definitely sending the girly vibes along! I am so happy for you! You have the most beautiful family ever. Looks like Disneyland was a blast! Can't wait to take my kids there someday.

Kristy said...

Okay, I'm thinking girl! Sounds like a fun trip. We haven't braved the magic kingdom yet. We know we need to though. I got the disk. Thanks so much.

Bryce & Cherise said...

can i give vibes if i haven't even had kids, let alone girls?? either way, i'm sending them your way! call me!
(i'll let you know if i come down that way this weekend cuz if i do i want to hang out with you guys)!

Emily said...

I love Tae's little pose in the first picture, and our kids look absolutely hammered sitting on top of the garbage can. I guess we did a pretty good job of wearing them out. Thanks for encouraging our spontaneity. We had a blast! You probably took just as many pictures as I did. I only got the camera out on a few occasions. I did have it out for quite a while at the beach.

I so wish I was more intuitive like you - I have absolutely no sense of the gender of this baby, but I will send as much estrogen your way as I can muster. You can borrow some from Macy. She seems to be overflowing in estrogen lately.

Girl...Girl...Girl...Girl...Girl...Girl...

Emily said...

I love Tae's little pose in the first picture, and our kids look absolutely hammered sitting on top of the garbage can. I guess we did a pretty good job of wearing them out. Thanks for encouraging our spontaneity. We had a blast! You probably took just as many pictures as I did. I only got the camera out on a few occasions. I did have it out for quite a while at the beach.

I so wish I was more intuitive like you - I have absolutely no sense of the gender of this baby, but I will send as much estrogen your way as I can muster. You can borrow some from Macy. She seems to be overflowing in estrogen lately.

Girl...Girl...Girl...Girl...Girl...Girl...

Emily said...

Yikes! Double comment. I hate it when that happens! Oh well, double the vibes, right?!?

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a great trip! You better post and tell us all what you are having!!!

Chrystal said...

Okay, it's Friday. What are you having!!!!!????

Jana said...

Well, I thought I commented on here last time but I didn't. Whatevs.
I'm a huge fan of Tanner putting his head in the fountain. In the b&w parade picture he TOTALLY looks like Eric to me.

Jamelle Kelly said...

Jen you look so beautiful for almost five kids!! Miss ya.

Jamelle