It's a boy...
So much for my mothers intuition. I'm really trying not to be sad. And really it's not that I'm sad that it's a boy, just that it's not a girl (thanks Christine for that insight).
I do love boys...I was just so sure. This is the first time I've felt so sad after finding out, maybe because it really never crossed my mind that it could actually be a boy.
Anyway, I'll be happy later I'm sure.
The end.






32 comments:
I so felt like that when I found out Ellie was a girl. I wanted a boy so bad! Guess you'll just have to try for a girl with #6! Haha.
Aw...that must be hard to think one way and have it be the other. At least you have 2 of each. I'd be sad if I had a boy next time since Kaylea wants a sister SO bad! Let us know when the idea has grown on you.
mom and dad thought i was a boy...til i was born. At least you know already. lol .
Love you jen!
that's how I felt when I found out that Owen was a boy. I was so sad I don't think I said a word to Justin all day. It was a strange feeling.. when you think one thing and are told the other. Congrats anyhow! He will be adorable!
Jasper said you were sad. I can't believe Jaren was right from the moment you told them. He was completely adament that it was a boy. Does he have any insight for me?
Congrats, he will be a handsome little guy. How could he not, look at his brothers.
Josh was positive both Zackary and Maddox were going to be girls. He lost the bet both times and had to pay up a Happy Meal to Cody. When we find out Maddox was a boy, as we left the ultra-sound room Josh said "I guess we won't be painting any rooms pink or buying dolls."
And now, he can't imagine life without Maddox. Boys are wonderful little boogers to have around.
I felt the same way when I found out Eliza was a girl. I was CERTAIN it was a boy. Strange how we do that to ourselves, huh? I wouldn't trade her for the world, though (of course), but at the time I was really sad too.
CONGRATS! You make darling, darling boys.
I'm sorry. I was really feeling girl this morning (or else I woudn't have said anything). But, I guess the girl vibes were a little mis-timed. You probably should have posted a few minutes before conception rather than right before the ultrasound. Can you imagine the power of a blogging community focusing on X Chromosome-carrying sperm for a few days?!? Hmmm...Sure makes you think!
I love you, and the problem really is that ALL of your kids are so adorable. You make darling girls and the cutest boys. Tanner, with his new big-boy haircut, was melting my heart today.
congrats honey! Love you. Sorry you are temporarily disappointed. It is always hard when it doesn't work out how you feel it is supposed to. He must be special though. ;)
I felt the same way for a little while after finding out Logan was a boy. I know the feeling. But hey, maybe he'll be a nice calm boy like Jaren! :)
BOY oh BOY. What can I say? I guess the standard answer- at least it's healthy, blah blah. If you wanted a girl you must not have looked at the chinese birth charts and looked at when you should conceive for a girl. :-) Boys are less expensive- no prom dresses, weddings to pay for, cute expensive girlie stuff, etc. So look at it that way. :-)
Yay for a boy! But too bad Tae won't have a little sister to play with. It will be fabulous though. How can it not.
So go ahead and be sad that you're not getting a girl and then you know you'll end up being so excited for another boy. Love you! Yay for babies!
I remember thinking something similar when I was waiting to find out what we were having. I'd always wanted a girl, and wanted SO badly for this first one to be a girl. I knew that if it was a boy, I'd be a little bummed when we first found out, but that I'd still be over-the-moon happy we were having a baby. It's all good. You're such a good mama. :)
I talked with your Aunt Bonnie tonight. She is so sweet and very helpful to me.
When I was pg with Corbin, we did not have an ultra sound. I wanted to be surprise. But people always asked us what we were having.
I said, "The way he/she is moving around in there, I think it is a monkey. We are just hoping it is a baby."
Bonnie said that three women in the school where she was teaching had wrong ultra sound predictions.
Crazy! You will love whoever he/she is when he/she gets here.
You are a wonderful, kind and loving mother. You have wonderful, kind and loving children.
I love you family. That includes you. m
I think we can all sympathize with you on this to some degree. I guess the great thing is that in a few months you'll be so excited to hold that baby boy this will all be a faint memory (and a fun story to tell him - "I was so sure you were a girl" - boys love that. My boy has the same story - i was sure he was a girl. But i've been wrong on all my kids so i obviously suck at my "pregnant intuition". All i know is that is one lucky little boy! I can't wait to see how gorgeous he is!!!
This is why I think finding out the gender via ultrasound is a good thing. You have a few months to get psyched up for a boy before he actually arrives, instead of thinking all along it's a girl and then trying not to feel a little shocked and disappointed when they put a boy in your arms.
Crongrats, I am sure you be thrilled! Girls are always harder when they grow up anyways. We are hoping for a boy but will be happy either way.
Jen- Congrats!! He will be so cute and once you see him I think you will forget all about a girl.
Maybe someday you can learn to love him....even if it takes until he's 22...
Remember when we couldn't find out if it was a boy or a girl and we went to the Voodoo witch doctor who smeared mud on our pregnant bellies but in the end was never right?
Maybe if I find out ours is a girl (Wed.) we can just trade!!
hahaha, i didn't realize that I commented under bryce's name!!!!!!hahahahah. and i still don't know if i am now. so just in case, that was, me, cherise who commented about mom and dad thinking I was a boy....lol
love you jennie!
cherise
Oh Jen!! so sorry that your precious little bundle is not the girl you were hoping for!! they can be wrong you know :) I'm sure this little boy will bring so much love, laughter & joy to your beautiful family!
lots of love,
tanya xxxxx
Congrats, anyway! Sorry it's not what you "thought" you wanted. You're so right- you'll be happy later, and you can't help loving a baby, boy or girl! I thought I wanted a girl first to have the first granddaughter, and was so disappointed when we found out Dallin was a boy. But now I love having a boy first! And I was so positive that Abbie was a boy, I made the ultrasound tech check again! Anyway, as everyone has said, I'm sure he'll be gorgeous!
If you're not happy later, I totally call dibs. :)
Mine is too and I had a twinge of disappointment too- not because it is a BOY, but because I really wanted a GIRL to balance it out and then not be worried about what the 3rd one would be- I will take a million boys if I could just have ONE little girl and I will not be doing what Mom did and have 3 boys and then 3 more to try and get some girls! Yikes! Congrats though! Yeah for boys!
You are the best photographer in the world! Your blog is also incredible! AMAZING!!!!!!! Also, now you'll have 3 gap model boys!
You know I have to say boys are great! I told Matt I thought it was interesting that with 2 of each it even mattered. this of course coming from someone with 4 boys. I was disappointed finding out I was pregnant this time. That was hard to get over. Now everyone thinks since it is a girl I must be thrilled. I kind of think of it as the end of an era. I loved having all boys. I am excited to have a girl now, too. It will be an adventure. I think our minds do crazy things sometimes. Congratulations! As for boys being cheaper, I figure at the current cost, I am in for $40,000 worth of missions!:)
love your blog, your such a great mom, you dress your boyz so cute, can't wait to see him!!! Di
Ok Jen~ I have 5 remember and it took the 6th to get 1 girl... I think boys are much easier as the LORD knew best he only sent 1 girl because that is all Nina Jones could handle... Your family is so precise I love reading your BLOG. I hope all is well we think of you often....
I get what you are saying. Try having three girls in a row and not being a little sad when you thought maybe you'd get a boy. Now that I have Kai if we have more kids I am set on it being a boy! But you make such adorable children! I can't wait to meet your little guy. Now what will you name him...I Iike Jasper Jr?
Darn. I was all set to knit a bonnet for you. I was sure my fourth was a boy. I mean, I was sure. And "HE" turned out to be my little Katie. So I know your pain. That was the only time I cried at the ultrasound. I felt pretty dumb.
Ours is a boy too. So no trading :)
Post a Comment