Jay had his 6th birthday while we were on vay cay. We were in St. George at a great condo that overlooked much of the city. We made him a cake and then realized that we had no candles, so Emily and I were extreme-o creative and came up with these beauties. We used these Pepperidge Farms chocolate stick things (can't remember the name, but I KNOW my Mom knows), they are soft in the middle, and then stuck matches inside of them. It actually worked quite well. :)
Jaren in a nutshell:
He is so kind, he remembers everything (dangerously), he is a peacemaker- this I knew from the moment he was born, generous, thoughtful, an observer, sometimes a push-over, always puts others before himself, rarely if ever gets in trouble, smart, smart, smart. I love you so so much Jaren, I can't even explain how much I knew what kind of a child he would be when I very first held him in my arms, this hasn't happened with my others. I just kept thinking, he has a heart of gold. I had no idea how right I would be. He holds the door open for me everywhere we go, he always makes sure I'm ok. He'll make such a fabulous husband. Start lining up grilies. Actually, don't...that's too sad to think about.
Happy 6th Jaren!!






15 comments:
Aw, Jay....
He's so adorable!
You are brill with those stick things and matches. Dang, I thought I knew what they were called.
How very MacGyver of you with the candles - how awesome! Love the pics. He sounds like an amazing kid.
Wow, total keeper, how'd you get so lucky?
Deidre would like to be in the front of the line! She loves to play with J.
yeah i'm trying to remember...haha, i don't remember either. mom would definately know. ;)
Tell Jay i love him and happy birthday late! I love that he holds the door open for you. He's so tender...
How sweet is he? Take after his mom. Love the candles. m
Happy Birthday, Jar!!!
Pirouettes???? I once made Justin buy me a box of them from Costco. (Although it was more like a case.) He warned me I wouldn't be able to eat that many...and I got soooo sick of them and even still I don't really care for them. Too bad I didn't have kids at that time to find other uses for them :) Creative use of your cookie!
You know, I have a cute little blond 6-year-old. If you go the "arranged marriage" route, let me know. We can work something out.
Aislinn!!!! That's totally it! I couldn't for the life of me remember! Thanks!
Kaylea's lined up for Jaren ;) But you're right ...hopefully that's far down the road! Kids grow up too fast!
Sweet, sweet Jaren! We were completely brill (to use your word) with the "candles." I actually can't believe they worked so well. I love the picture of Jaren with his pirate gun, and the look on his face with the smoke of he candles - so calm and serene and peaceful even after that exciting moment! It is so HIM. Honestly girl...How is it possible to make a picture of a plain chocolate cake look like art?!? Have I told you how amazing you are in the past hour?!?
Oh, and in the car today, Macy made up a song entitled, "I love Jaren."
Ahh yesss, Pirouettes - so yummy. But only the Peppridge farm brand for me. the rest are just nothing. I love this post about jaren. What a sweet thing to do. I hope he saw it! I'm so glad I will get to see a bunch of grandkids soon!!!!!
I was planning on getting Sydney in that bride line -- it's getting so long already! Just let us know which college he is going to after his mission and we'll get Sydney close by. . .
Happy B-Day Jaren!!!
I love the cake! You're so smart!
Post a Comment