

FILL YOUR FRAME. Very important...make sure you fill your frame with your subject. Don't be afraid to cut off the tops of heads, or sides of faces. I need to just play with my own kids tomorrow and post some really good examples of what completely different images you'll get when you move the camera just slightly. But in the meantime, here are 2. I stayed in the same spot, just moved my camera over to cut off a bit of his face, then layed down on his bed so I was at his level. I wanted my frame to be him and his name on the wall with a little bit of his room. If you just want a face, again, don't be worried about cutting off the tops of their heads, it adds much interest and draws your eye to theirs. When I photograph kids I always always get at their level, then high above them, like we see them. Then all angels of their chubby cheeks, their beautiful eyelashes as they are looking down. I try be as invisible as possible with them so they are comfortable and relaxed as they play. You can't go wrong in that setting. Don't be afraid to get strange angels- you just might love them like I do. Good luck!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Photography Tip #2
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
You're Brill.
Wow. SO cool. Can't wait to see more pic. examples.
Jen, I'm loving your photo tips. I've gotten a few gigs! I'm so excited, and thank you for your advice...
Rachel
Post a Comment