Wednesday, July 25, 2007

5 People You Meet in Heaven

This was a great quick, interesting and uplifting read. It makes you think about your life and how intertwined we all really are. It's by Mitch Albom (Tuesday's with Morrie author).
Now I'm reading These is My Words. I CAN NOT put that book down. I have been staying up way way too late reading it. I love those kinds of books. I tried to read Life with Pi. But I just couldn't stick with it. It was too slow for me. I also started The Measure of a Man by Sidney Portier. Ya, bo-ring. I think Oprah is a little off on her book selections sometimes. =)

7 comments:

Jana said...

Ah-HA I knew you would love These is My Words!!!

Meredith said...

Gosh, when do you find time to read without letting yourself and your house go to pot??? We just read Harry Potter and we didn't do ANYTHING but that. Otherwise, there would have been no way to finish it!

Jen-ben said...

I'm telling you...I stay up way too late. I'm usually a 10 or 11pm to bed person, but I've been staying up until 1 or 2am just reading. I sound like such a bore.

Rachel Clare said...

I enjoyed this little book. My book club in KS (that I'm still a member of, but cannot, of course, go to the meetings...) is reading "These is My Words"- I need to order it!

Emily said...

I'm glad you liked it. This book made me think about all the people that have touched my life over the years. Unfortunately, I probably won't see most of these people again in this life. I think of all the people that I will see one day in heaven that I will finally be able to thank and tell them about the impact they had on my life. It makes me think how important it is to tell people NOW what they mean to me.

sara said...

My 'to read' list keeps getting longer, and longer!!! Keep the reviews coming.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!! I also loved this book and his other two are just as amazing.