Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Some favorites

These are a few of my kids very, absolute favorite books...

Anything by Kevin Henkes is so so darn cute.  But this particular book is a must at our house.
These books...by Mo Willems are the BEST!  He is so brill.  They're perfect for beginning readers.  Jay brings home these books from Kindergarten and I can barely get through them they're so BORING.  But these are funny, tender, have amazing illustrations and I want to read them all the time.  Soooo GOOD!  
That is all.


11 comments:

Sera said...

Thanks for sharing those! I love to hear about good kids books. You're right - some of them are SO boring. Do you guys read Sandra Boynton? Kaylee's favorites are Let's Dance Little Pookie and Pajama Time. They're a lot of fun to read outloud, and they make Kaylee laugh. She gets so excited and her legs just get to kicking. I love it.

chelle said...

What a cute idea. Aren't you suppose to loose all your brain cells when you are PG? You just keep going along, brilliant as usual.

m

PS
We will have to check out these books.

B said...

We're off to the library this morning so we'll have to check these out:) Thanks!!

Jana said...

I just ordered Julius the Baby of the World the other day! (paperbackswap.com is awesome by the way)
And Lilly's Purple Plactic Purse is equally fabulous, by the same author. Aunt Bonnie got us into it.
And YEAH those Mo Willems books are SO cute! I got Emma three from the library and she read them all to me in one sitting, then read them again, had me read them to her...and I totally enjoyed it as well, looking at the illustrations and the facial expressions...we giggled a lot. It was great!

Jana said...

I just ordered Julius the Baby of the World the other day! (paperbackswap.com is awesome by the way)
And Lilly's Purple Plactic Purse is equally fabulous, by the same author. Aunt Bonnie got us into it.
And YEAH those Mo Willems books are SO cute! I got Emma three from the library and she read them all to me in one sitting, then read them again, had me read them to her...and I totally enjoyed it as well, looking at the illustrations and the facial expressions...we giggled a lot. It was great!

Jackie said...

K- but I was going to do a post on how much I love Mo Willems. Knuffle Bunny is a fav. I just read "There is a Bird on Your Head" last week to Claire. I guess I must've been in some strange mood because I laughed so hard that the boys came running in. I had tears in my eyes and could barely get through the book. (Maybe I was just really tired...) Anyhow- my kids love those books.

Brian and Kim said...

Thanks for letting me read Mo Willems, "my friend is sad" book to Calvin. Calvin found a few more at the library and like Jackie, I laughed my head off. They are hilarious.

Wonderful way to look at life!!

mikegordonfamilyblog@blogspot.com said...

That is great! Julius- the baby of the world has been one of my favorite books for years! I love it! I can't help but laughing everytime I read it! My kids love it too, of course, but I think it is hillarious!!! I will have to try the Mo Willems books. If you liked Julius the baby of the world it means you have good taste. I will be sure to check it out!

mikegordonfamilyblog@blogspot.com said...

That is great! Julius- the baby of the world has been one of my favorite books for years! I love it! I can't help but laughing everytime I read it! My kids love it too, of course, but I think it is hillarious!!! I will have to try the Mo Willems books. If you liked Julius the baby of the world it means you have good taste. I will be sure to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I am always thinking about new books to get the kids (whether from the library, or buying them) and these would make great additions! Thanks Jen!

Bryce & Cherise said...

Jen You'll have to remind me about "my friend is sad" when i have kids... It's such a cute book! :)