So last week I got a pretty little paper in the mail. It was a speeding ticket from a stupid traffic camera in Phoenix. It had this sweet photo of my husband driving, and gorgeous photo of my face whited out:
Now just take a gander how much that ticket was for? Guess farely high....
$181.50. I almost peed my pants. Mostly because I was pulled over on our way home and got my first speeding ticket, that one was for $80.00. So today I just spent $261.50 on speeding tickets. I feel so sick about it....do you know what I could have bought with that money? Uh...let me think, a crappy car. :) My lesson....do not speed- especially through Phoenix! I now hate that freeway. But I'm not bitter-
OK, now I can move on with my day.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
My rant for the day
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






29 comments:
Dear Jen,
That really sucks. And I am so with you about thinking of what that money could have bought. On our way home to Colorado from Utah a few years back I got stopped in Wyoming. Going 70 in a 65 ... but I digress, I was so upset at the time because we were not in the best way financially and that ticket just compounded things. But, we came out pretty ok, I mean we were still able to feed ourselves and our kids. It was like, a $120 ticket. It sucked, but it was but a blip on the great screen of things that have happened to us over the past eight years. I'm glad you let that out though, because others can learn from your experience and remember to speed out of the sight of traffic cameras! Take care.
Love,
Trina
I found your blog and have really enjoyed reading and looking at your beautiful pictures. Hope you don't mind if I stop in now and again
Emily
Nice to know they can track you down in another state! I was wondering about that and now I don't have to test it in California! :> Those cameras are everywhere now and it bites because you can go up to 10 miles over before you get a ticket but everyone thinks you need to go 10 below the speed limit! Fun times!
Was it on the 101?!? I don't even live in ARIZONA, and I got TWO tickets last May on dumb Phoenix freeways, both of me looking all stupid, driving my car, no big deal. I so SO feel your pain. I swear, that camera thing is SO MEAN.
That stinks jennie foo foo. What a bummer. At least Jasper looks happy to be driving with his family. I would be worried if he was ready to blow a gasket while driving. ;) teehee.
When I was in England, my friend knew where all of the cameras were so we were able to speed until the key spots and then slow to an appropriate speed. I didn't even know that we had those cameras here. Yikes. I better be more careful.
I always figure out what I could have spent the money on. A couple of months ago, I got suckered into spending 260$ on getting my hair done. (I know, I should have married John Edwards. What a pair we would have made) I paid the money and then spent the whole drive home calculating all of the more important things I could have spent that money on. Like you, lesson learned. ;)
Speeding tickets totally suck. I am so sorry :(
I do feel sorry for you, but I am laughing so hard at your expense. I don't know if I can determine my very favorite part of this picture: The fact that the Phoenix Hwy Patrol is going to great lengths to make Jasper out to be a criminal (seriously, this image could pop up someday soon on 20/20 or Dateline as they single-handedly set out to make Jasper the poster-boy for reckless driving while talking on the cell phone), or that they were trying so hard to protect the innocent by blocking out your face. Pretty funny picture!
But, it does suck that you had to pay the equivalent of a car payment in fines this month. Damn you modern technology!
tickets suck.....its true. in fact, Parking tickets suck too...
oh and i'm sorry they whited out your beautious face....lame
Aw, that stinks! I'm sorry you got those stupid tickets, especially in this poor time of your life.
I got pulled over a couple months ago and was SO GLAD I only got a warning. I've been getting to be a terrible speeder lately, but ever since that incident I am quite reformed.
How fast was he going to get such a giant ticket??
I know! He was going 12 miles over...but the sad part was we were just going with the flow of traffic. The speed limit was 55. How dumb...55 on a major highway.
That just SUCKS. They just put in the photo cameras where I live. My friend has a grandma that's 80 some odd years old, and every time she drives by one, she flips it off, just in case it takes her picture. I want to be her. :)
ok sorry but that's hilarious...on his phone and everything!You should frame it just for laughs:) Those cameras have seriously changed the way we drive around here. I've learned to set my cruise control on at 9 or 10 over so I don't hit that 11 over mark! THat does stink though and speed limit was 55? LAME!
I am waiting for my ticket in the mail!! AAaahh!! I was in the valley last weekend and totally forgot about those dumb cameras. Let's just hope and pray that I get lucky. It really is a nice picture of you guys though! Haha.
That bites! But I must say how thoughtful of them to send you a picture. ha ha! NOT! Holy cow that is expensive!
LOL! I cant believe they whited you out! Whats the point of that?
Yeah welcome to our Valley!!! Jasper looks pretty awesome on his phone and everything...did you take yourself out?
Speeding tickets are the worst! There's nothing worse than paying LOTS of money for driving a LITTLE fast. I'm so sorry. Jake got two tickets in ONE DAY a few years ago! We were driving home from vacation and Dallin was screaming in the car, so we were trying to get home fast. Turns out he was getting his first tooth! That was an expensive day!
Jana, THEY totally whited out my face, HILAR huh!
Wow! That totally sucks. My stomach is sick for you. Cops are just getting lazy now days and have to put up cameras. So lame.
You were in Phoenix?! oh, that just hurts.
OK I just about snort laughed on this one. Honestly the photo doesn't even look real! And whiting out your face? What is the point? Did they think you were a minor or something? So anyhow that is definetly a keeper... I didn't even know those cameras actually took photos- I thought they were just there to scare us. Even though it is funny I'm soo sorry that you had to pay! Mean ol' laws!
ha ha sorry..but it is funny. Not the $ though. He'd get a doulble ticket if he was in Calif. since it is now illegal to talk and drive unless you have a wireless headset. why did they white out your face? Privacy rights I guess.
Ok yeah that totally sucks. Just a future FYI next time you're in phoenix and get one of those lovely pictures in the mail. You do not have to pay the camera ticket unless they actually serve you a ticket personally. They are just counting on a lot of people not knowing their rights. Dwayne went through a light on a yellow or so he thought (one of those where you slam on the brakes or go and pray the camera does not go off). We heard about the right we have so we tested it to see if the cops would show up at our door etc... Nope nothing when Dwayne went through the process of joining the Navy they did a background/criminal check and the ticket was dismissed by the courts. Hope this saves people some money. I hope you guys are doing great.
OH JEN! THAT S.U.C.K.S. Truly it does. I hate that stuff. . . . at least you didn't have a mental break down over it :) LOL
Sweet... you should fram the picture!
How disappointing to have to pay so much money to Phx! Nice picture of Jasper on the phone...
How disappointing to have to pay so much money to Phx! Nice picture of Jasper on the phone...
You can fight em. I am going to court next week to fight mine. Wish me luck. I wish you luck as well. m
Post a Comment