Monday, January 26, 2009

The count down

This pregnancy has really gone by so quickly!  Yay!  It's just the last few months that always seem to drag, peeing 3 times a night, waddling, getting even fatter, and out of control boobs, and pertruding belly button, not to mention the stretch marks (how come I feel I'm the only one who gets them so badly?).  But really, I'm so excited to meet this new babes.  Although, last night Tae was up in the night, it was treacherous getting up.  Now I'm officially scared to be up every few hours in the night again.  I mean come on, I'm not as young as I used to be people! :)  We still haven't decided on a name, I have 3 I like, but Jasper keeps suggesting more...such as:

Pedro, Chief, Captain, Pilot, Jedediah, Cane, Donald, the list goes on and on...we lay in bed at night and seriously laugh for hours about names.  
I failed only gaining 25 pounds...yes already.  I'm at 30 lb mark as of 2 weeks ago!  Dang it!  Those late night chocolate feasts have not done me right. 

                                                                     The Belly...
Anyhow, I have about 6 weeks left! Now I would like to tell you the things I have not yet bought (I gave most everything away), and honestly have no intention at this point in time:
Crib, high chair, swing, bouncer, pump, stroller...the list goes on. Luckily I have sisters who can let me borrow a thing or two! You'd think with number 5, I'd be set. Oh well, who needs all that stuff anyway? Don't I just need a dresser drawer?

29 comments:

Sandy said...

Ahh yes, Emma has been getting up at night too. This morning it was 4:30a.m. and my pelvis cracked all the way down the hall. UGH! And my husband informed me that there was hershey's chocolate all over the counter and floor. I was like well, it was 4:30 in the morning and kind of hard to see in the dark! haha! I can't wait to see your new little bundle. I get horrible stretch marks too. they are so wide I feel like my innards are going to fall out of them at any moment, K maybe that was too much info. I have about 9 weeks left, it has gone by way too fast.

Sarah Welsh said...

You are SO gorgeous!!! Pregnant & not pregnant! Lucky girl - you got some good genes!

I have TERRIBLE stretch marks! With Gwendolyn they were all awful, but at least below my belly button, so I thought I was set when I had Cam - no such luck, all the stretch marks I got with him are ABOVE my bellybutton. So my tummy is officially trashed! Oh, well, it was worth it!

Kristi said...

You look GREAT!!!! No worries, I am way far behind ya and have almost gained as much! ANd my kids say that I was attacked by a tiger because of my terrible stretch marks! It is a good things these babes are worth it;)

Congrats - you are almost there!!!!

Bryndie said...

Ok, first off you look Fabulous! My belly is ginormous next to yours! The weight gain has been a little harder for me with this one, not the 18 pounds I gained with Burks! It is so frustrating isn't it? Just think of the stretch marks as beauty marks ha ha. Thats what I have to tell myself. Really who ever sees your belly other than the hubby, and they dont care! Hope you are feeling great, can't wait to see picture of the little one!

Christine said...

Awwww, I just love your little belly.
You should definitely name your baby pilot. For SURE.

Emily said...

My vote is for Donald...Donny just has such a great ring to it. I think you look fabulous, and I will keep telling you that for the next six weeks! The part I'm really jealous of though (yes, jealous as in "thou shalt not covet" - I'm constantly repenting) is how amazing you look AFTER you have your babies. Honestly, what I wouldn't give for a flat stomach once again.

I think by #5, all the old baby stuff is thrashed. That's why you don't have anything. Neither do we - except the crib. But, then again, we need two!

tiffunny said...

Wow - he suggested Captain?? He has good taste (or at least i can say that now - when my husband always suggested it I didn't consider it "good taste"). Can't wait to see how gorgeous he is & to hear what cute little name he gets. And i agree with everyone else - you look adorable!! I don't think i believe you that you gained 30 pounds cause it doesn't show - you're pure belly.

Amber said...

Jen, you look so great! I love your serious face- you look like you're going to burst out laughing! I TOTALLY think you should throw yourself a baby shower! Look at all the people who love you- you'd have a packed house and way more stuff then you'd ever need. So let me know when the shower is, I'll be there for sure!

KJenx said...

My mom and Sheri did the Home Alone face -- you know hands on cheeks and giant gasping OHHHHH face-- when they saw my stretch marks so don't worry, my belly button is the bulls eye in the center of the stretch marks! I just figure I'll never be tempted to dress immodestly ever again! :>

Robyn said...

I love the baby names! I have high expectations for your pick!

HeatherK said...

you look so dang cute!!! I can't wait to hear what name you decide on. All of my LOVE!

Barbara said...

You have the cutest belly ever! You are such a beautiful pregnant girl! I am so excited for you! I totally agree with just needing the dresser drawer!

Unknown said...

Jen, you are so beautiful! You are such a cute pregnant lady. :) Fabulous names, by the way....especially Pedro and Captain.

Ali said...

Lovie. You should always be pregnant. You are the cutest pregnant woman alive.

I just have to say that sometimes when I read your blog I get this 'I miss jen ben' ache inside. Why don't you move to Boston so that I can be your neighbor and babysit your kids for you and dote on them. Or maybe I will move to Utah or Arizona so that I can see you more often. Love you Jen!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! 30 lbs is nothing... you'll be back down to size ZERO after like a week from giving birth (you make me sick)! We can't wait to meet another Fauset !

Kathy said...

Hooray for only a few more weeks left. I love that you are bold enough to take pictures of your belly and post them. I was never that brave. Don't worry 30 lbs is nothing .... I gained 50 with one of mine and 35 was the least I ever gained. Oh well it comes off eventually. :)

Hang in there!

Rachel Clare said...

First and foremost, I'd like to say that we could SOOOOO have a stretch-mark competition and I would soooooo WIN. yes I would.

Second, why has this pregnancy lasted for 2 months for you? Why do my pregnancies last for 2 1/2 years?
I don't get it. Please explain.

:)

YOU LOOK FAB!!

MoM K said...

Dearest Jenni 100%, I love the picture with your camera. I don't think my tummy ever just grew by itself like yours. I grew all over! Stretch marks are signs of great accomplishments. Even if they are gross. Mine tummy is more stretch than regular skin! I kinda like Pilot (after my car I'm sure) and Captain. I have actualy heard of a person hamed Captain! and his brother was named Marshall. Seriously!

Jana said...

Hm, you don't look as big in those pics as you did the other day on ichat.
Haven't you been peeing 3 times a night since the beginning?....

Bryce & Cherise said...

I have the breast pump for you from Nen. Hopefully we'll be coming down that way one of these days....

Jackie said...

You know you look great. 30 pounds is nothing. I've gained that within the past 2 years and I don't even have a baby as an excuse.. In the book I'm reading one of the boys is named "Asher." I kind of liked it- or Ashton. But they'd probably be called Ash so you'd have to be careful to always have the "h" on there and not As*. :-)

Kristy said...

You make pregnancy look oh so good! How about the name Major Tom?

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

You are one HOT momma! 30 lbs. look good on you and I love Jaspers names..they are hillarious but I wouldn't be shocked if the name is Chief!

Ella A. said...

You look beautiful! I love your belly! You're definitely in the home stretch! Good luck, keep us updated!

chelle said...

You may not even need the dresser drawer. We just slipped the baby into bed with us ... but that is another post. (The great "Family Bed" debates)

You are beautiful. M

Angie said...

You are a beautiful prego girl!! I love your belly. Making babies yourself...I still think it is so amazing and such a miracle! I can't wait to see the little cutie myself, you guys sure make cute ones. Hang in there, love you.

heidi said...

jenn,
your little belly looks so cute! I am so excited for you and your family. I know that you are an amazing mom. love yas, hyde

Beal Family said...

I have your co-sleeper ready for you to come get :)

Lindsay said...

Love the name choices, make sure he doesn't ask Daren his opinion, they would be pretty similar. You are the hottest pregnant woman! I was serious about borrowing my stuff too...