Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nine years

Today is our 9 year anniversary. I can't believe how fast 9 YEARS flew by. 4 3/4 kids later...we still like each other. I can't say enough how amazing my husband is. I don't think anyone else could put up with my craziness...on many levels.  To even think about how I ran from marrying him...I was crazy.  I'm so thankful he was so persistant.  He actually wrote in his day planner in 1999 that one of his goals was to "marry Jennifer whenever and wherever possible"  Uh...WHO DOES THAT??  Ya, he did.  Thank goodness.  Maybe he looked at that every time I so lamely shot him down.  Thank you for never giving up me!!
I think back to the first time I ever saw him, I was 16, and I remember thinking, "I could marry him".  Then I tried to french braid his long lovely silky locks....I laugh just thinking about how sexy I thought that was.  We came from 2 really different worlds, I was pretty religious, he wasn't in the least.  But he had the best heart.  Still does.   Just goes to show you never know what's in store for you.  I'm so grateful- a million times over, for you Jasper, I LOVE YOU!!  
Think I had enough flowers in that bouquet? It almost weighed as much as me.  :)




Oh how I wish I'd had an amazing photographer....  sigh....

33 comments:

Chrystal said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are such an amazing couple with beautiful children. The universe decided you were meant for each other before you did. Congratulations on 9 years and 4 and 3/4!

Rachel Clare said...

um, hi. you don't look any different than you did then. Lucky girl!
Congrats to you and Jasper! Hope you had a smashing great day!!

Emily said...

I second the wish for the great photographer. I really want to get skinny enough to get back in my wedding dress so you can take some fabulous pictures one day. (This is a lofty goal.)

Back to you: You two are absolutely perfect for each other. You are two hard on yourself. I would never use the word "moody" to describe you. I think you complement each other beautifully. Actually, my incredible eloquent husband said it perfectly after we had spent an entire week with you in Hawaii (by the way, when are we doing that again???): Greg said to me, "You know, I think I love you a lot, but Jasper really loves Jen...A LOT." It is just so evident the way you two look at each other (probably where those 4 3/4 kids came from) and treat each other. We love you! Happy Anniversary!

tiffunny said...

Happy anniversary! You two are seriously just too cute!!

Emily said...

Oh, and I totally love that you had a cake smashing face picture. We did too, and we had several people chastise us for it. Something about how a real man would never treat his lady that way...blah, blah, blah. Honestly, Greg has four brothers who were all standing around with camcorders and had instructed (probably even practiced with him) the proper technique for shoving wedding cake up your new bride's nose. Knowing this, I was equally as prepared. I wasn't too shabby myself.

Paige said...

Happy Anniversary! I totally have the same photographer feelings that you do...oh well, you look almost EXACTLY the same as you did on your wedding day (minus the growing baby) so you might consider hopping back in your dress & getting some re do's!

Bryndie said...

Happy Anniversary! Hey dont feel too bad about your pictures, at least you got some. Mine got lost in the mail, and the stupid Photographer-wedding coordinator sent all the proofs with them!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Fun pictures. My favorite hands down is the cake!:)

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you two look as happy together now as you did when you got married! And I know how you feel about the photographer- we look so stiff and posed in our wedding pics, so at least your personalities come through!

Jackie said...

Wow! Nine years! You two both look so young and in love... I'm so glad we know you two. You are both so great and great examples to everyone!

Brian and Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are so great together and your kids minic you. They are so fun to have over to play. I hope you had a great day!!

Angie said...

You guys look like little kids playing dress-up! Happy Anniversary!!

Colette said...

Cute!! I love old wedding photos and to see how things have changed over the years! You guys are so cute together Congrats!!

Sandy said...

Happy 9th! It's amazing how time flies isn't it. You two are perfect for each other. It's a good thing that Brody and Jasper were persistent. I'm pretty sure we would have never met if our husbands weren't persistent. Who knows where we'd be! Here's to a million more Anniversaries.

Love ya,
Sandy

And I'm sure most of us that got married in the 90's and before would love to have a photo redo of our wedding day.

chelle said...

I know what you mean about the photographer. We only have one snap shot of our wedding. Now I take thousands of photos of other peoples. Too bad for me. I do like your pictures. I think they are wonderful and you are beautiful, then and now. M

Mel said...

9 Years! I remember the morning of your wedding you got up and helped your sisters get ready and you were so calm and collected- not rushed or freaked out about the day and not focused on yourself. I don't remember a lot of other details except for outside the Temple when you guys were getting pictures taken. You and Jasper were so genuinely happy and were actually having fun - not just smiling for the cameras. That has always stuck with me because that is the way it should be. Happy anniversary, guys!!!

Bryce & Cherise said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I was thinking about you yesterday! :) I loved seeing all the pics

Tanya said...

Happy Anniversary Jen!! You two are gorgeous!!!

love,

t. xx

Christine said...

Marry Jennifer whenever and wherever possible??? That is the number one cutest thing I have ever heard in my life! I love Jasper! Happy Anniversary a day late!

Ella A. said...

Happiest anniversary! You are so so beautiful! I feel the same way about my wedding photos! I wish I could retake them with a better photographer, or at least a more creative one!

chelle said...

Hi
Thanks for the comment about the photo books. Do you not use white house anymore? I was going to use them

I like Zook. But there is so many products. Have you gotten some books from them? IF so, what are the best ones for a photographer going to an expo?

I could not find Fiano. Could it be under another name.

Another blogger said that ASUKA was good. Have you heard of them?

Thanks for your help. BTW you look like and angel in that one photo. m

PS
I love your dress. Did you keep it? M

Barbara said...

Happy Anniversary! And Congrats on 9 years! That is awesome! Your wedding pictures are so pretty! You are so beautiful! I remember going to your little apartment in Campus Heights with Annette and thinking how I couldn't wait to have my own little apartment with wedding pictures up on my wall! I think we came there to have you do our hair for some stake dance or something...fun times! You are awesome! Congrats!

MoM K said...

Have I really not checked your blog for 2 whole days?? What kind of mother am I? I love your post. And I also love Jasper. You picked such a great man (and I sure hope his cracked ribs are healing well). It's still wierd to think of the first time I saw him at the front door with his hair down...he looks just a l;ttle different now. I think you photos represent both of you well. Mine are the sad ones! You two have made a wonderful family. Congratulations on 9 great years! hugs hugs hugs!!!
MoM

Lindsay said...

Congrats! 5 kids in 9 years, impressive! You are HAWT!

Kathy said...

Happy Anniversary! I love old wedding pictures - mainly because the guys always look sooooo dang young :)

I hope you're feeling great while building the last 1/4 of the sweet baby.

Tera said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the cake picture. It doesn't surprise me about either of you. Just think, the time will go by so fast, next thing you know, it will be 18 years!!!

The Melo's said...

Happy Anniversary! You are so beautiful and you two really do make the most perfect couple! I hope someday to be like you, just so you know:)

HeatherK said...

Happy Loveness.. you two are so cute together!!! Thanks for all the flash help. I'm so clueless... but am really trying to learn. It was fun to see those pics of way back when.. you look exactly the same. LOVE YOU!!!

Jana said...

What do you mean, you didn't have a great photographer? Just LOOK at your bridal, hello!! Gor-GEOUS!

Kristy said...

I love that he had that written in his planner! How could he not though! You are so dang hot!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! 9 years is a long time! I love the thumbs up picture of you two! You make me laugh!

Michelle Arnett said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you two. You were made for each other:) I'm glad Jasper was persistent with you so you could make such cute kids that my kids could adore, look up to and mimic every move of:) Loves!

Sera said...

I don't think I responded to this one yet. If I did, oh well, I guess. You two are such a cute couple, ya little love birds! And you were a beautimous bride!