Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sunday forts

Sunday seems to be the magical day of forts. Within 10 minutes of being home from church this is what I found in my kitchen:




I love Sundays because the kids all play together all day, it reminds me of my childhood.  We used to play just like this, we'd play store, orphanage, house, and ship- where our blankets were our ship and my only brother was a shark.  Lucky Eric, when we'd play house he was the dog...Frank.  He got the shaft.  :)  I have so many memories of those games....good, good memories.


15 comments:

Bryce & Cherise said...

Oh JEN! I love these! :) I was thinking the Same thing-about being little, making forts and playing with siblings. Eric really did get the shaft, poor kid.
Your kids are so adorable in their sunday clothes :)

Michelle Arnett said...

T-Looks so so old! I love forts! We just made one today:) Love the picts. Looks like fun.

Christine said...

Very impressive forts! And I love the pics of Tanner and Tae.

Was our childhood not just the BEST?? We had so much fun playing together.

tiffunny said...

So fun - the kind of memories they'll remember when they grow up.

AudyCamp said...

we have "sunday forts" at our house too:)

Meredith said...

So fun! Eric got the shaft...LOL!

Emily said...

Your children are pretty talented architects. Looks like a blast!

A couple of weeks ago in Sunday School (I think you were gone), the teacher said something about how we want our kids to have a better life than we did. I sat there and thought, "Impossible." I had a pretty good childhood, too. And we had THE BEST bar stools for fort making. Are you not absolutely loving...LOVING...early church! I am relishing the lazy afternoons with the TV off and imaginations on.

Jackie said...

Looks like parts of my house somedays. I love the imaginations of children! Good for you for not totally freakin out about the mess. :-) And I'm with Em- I am loving early morning church. I love having the rest of the afternoon. (Except for when I have meetings...)

Annette Larsen said...

We really were great at entertaining ourselves. Making houses out of the bunk beds, including curtains (made out of pillow cases) on our ladder window. I have very few memories of being bored or lonely, it just didn't happen much.

Sera said...

This is so cute. Your kids are so good. :)

Barbara said...

LOVE iT! I love kids! They have such great imaginations! I have to say though, that is a pretty awesome fort to have just been home for a few minutes! Those little ones move fast when they want too! :)

Jen-ben said...

Don't worry Jackie, I made them clean up every last toy...I tried to do it without yelling...failed though.

Jana said...

Siblings...good times.
Emma loves forts. Those forts are deluxe. She'd be in heaven.

chelle said...

What a good childhood you had. And what a good one you are giving these 4.75 kids~ Love ya tonz. m

Ella A. said...

There is nothing like a good old fashion home made fort. I still like to climb inside and join in the fun. Not sure what it is about it. . .but I love them. Your kids are quite the fort experts. :)