On Sunday during church J decided to write his Christmas list. Afterwards, he gave it to me and I put it away. Yesterday I found it in my bag. He loves being able to sound things out and actually write words down. I turned the list over and found this:
I started laughing so hard as I sounded out each word. Just in case you need a tranlation: poo, pee pee, screwed, stupid. Uh, ya. I really wasn't surprised about any of the words...except "sgrood". I didn't even know he knew that word! So later when he came home from school I showed him his list and asked if he would read them for me. He was so embarrassed he couldn't do it. So asked him specifically about that one word. He said a boy in Maddsie's class said it. But he had no clue what it meant. Ooooh...way way too funny. Later that day I asked if he was going to write down any more bad words. He said "No, I don't know any more". Well that's good. :)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
What in the....
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






16 comments:
Hilarious! At least those are the only "bad" words he knows!
I hate to say this but I can 1 up you, check my blog for details! :> You gotta love little boys.
I am so glad that you have preserved this for all time! I absolutely LOVE it. Isn't your heart just bursting with gratitude for Elementary School? I think it is hilarious that he knew "sgrood" was a bad word even though he didn't know what it meant (thank goodness)! Kids seem to have a sixth sense about those things.
His handwriting and spelling is outstanding for a kid who's only been in Kindergarten for a couple of months. Look how he stays in those tiny lines. Just ignore the words and concentrate on his advanced intelligence!
That's great! Just think of how FUNNY that is going to be in 10-20 years.
That is hilarious. You are totally sgrood.
That's so funny! I love that he felt the need to take inventory of every bad word he knows.
Oh sweet boy! I love him. I love the creative spelling. It seems like I have to have Eli translate just about anything he brings home. ;)
That is hilarious!
Sgrood! I love it!
Isn't it funny the things they do when they learn to have a "voice" on paper. I agree with some of your other commenters - count your blessings those are the only words he knows that are "bad" words. It could be much much worse!!
The funny things kids learn. They are smarter than we think!
So cute. m
Cute Jen, cute. :)
This is funny..thanks for making me laugh!
Sera sent me, and...WOW.
I can tell I am gonna be a BIG fan of your blog, hope you could use one more!!
Your photography is fantastic...cant wait to keep up with you!!
Jay
I miss you!! come back!!
Post a Comment