So since I was so sure this new baby would be a girl I had names picked and ready to go. But noooo, it had to be a boy- who I will love dearly by the way. So I need help with names. I know name picking is a very personal opinion, but I have no idea what to name this child. Boy names are so hard for me!! Any ideas???
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






36 comments:
Oooh - I had this problem too. So here's what you do: think, think, think. Reject every name your husband suggests until two weeks before the baby is due. Then pick! I was as bad at picking a name as I am at giving advice about it.
lol me too...not that i'm Preg but we we've talked about names alot and we've come up with five girl names and NO BOY NAMES! so...i cant help you...actually yes i can-i can give you all the names i like that bryce doesn't like. lol....
James
Zachary...Zackary
John
Cole
Christopher
or.... Maybe Colton?
...i'm trying to think of some good ones that would go well with Madeline, Jaren, Tanner, and Taelyn.
You probably shouldn't do another T name...in my opinion.... :) like you said its a personal thing and you probably don't love any of those names but i feel like being helpful... :)
AND this site is really cool! We found it on sunday when i was making bryce come up with names with me. hehe. its really fun...
http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager
You should call me....i'm bored and i'm sick of packing
Seth. I have always Loved the name. Josh, well not so much.
Being that I hear baby names all of the time, I can definitely tell you what NOT to name him...
I cannot stand these because they are WAY too over used right now; seriously, they make me want to shoot myself:
Aiden
Hayden
Braden
Caden
Jaden
These are also pretty...odd (meaning I don't like them so much)...and I've heard of recently:
Lincoln
Fletcher
A couple that I thought were neat, but maybe wouldn't go with, personally:
Kai
Rogan (twin A)
Roarke (twin B)
Ummmm...that's it for now. I'll keep 'em coming if I think of more. :)
Funny, my friend (who is also a nurse) said the same things about the "...aydon" names.
Boy names ARE difficult.
Good luck with that.
Boys names are WAY easier at our house than girls names - guess I've known TOO many girls. :) A recently baptized family in our ward just had a baby. They credit her getting pregnant with them searching for the church so they named the baby Angelo Moroni (as in Angel Moroni - she's hispanic so angelo works better, but I still think it's cute). Here are some other cute & different names I like (some are more silly than true suggestions):
Anson
Collin
Corbin
Edwin
Ezra (hebrew for Help - can't hurt, right?) :)
Felix (Jasper & Felix were the people who stole the Dalmations in 101 Dalmations) :)
Gavin
Gideon
Harper
Marek
Nevan (Irish for Little Holy One)
Quinton
Quincy
Zane
Your kids all have really cute names so I'm sure this new one will too!
I'm partial to Joel and Vance. I also like the names:
Jonas
Kyle
Mason
Royce
Seth
Caleb
Tyler
Sean
(Ps. This is Sandy's SIL.)
I have recently heard the name Xander. . short for Alexander. I don't love Alexander or Alex, but I do think Xander is really really cute.. . what about. . hmm, don't have anymore for ya,Boys are hard. . I have a hard enough time with my own!
This is a name that I love but will never be able to use.......Talon.
Tallen, Tallon, not sure on how to spell it....Boy names are hard. Not sure why that is!?
I like to stay away from the over used names. Corbin is the best name ever ... that I why I named my son Corbin.
I wanted to name him Street. I love that name. But is dose not sound good with our last name so he got Corbin.
Come to think about it, you might not want any advice from a girl that wanted to name her son street. So I will just wish you luck. M
oooh - i love baby names. Unfortunately i married someone with extremely different taste in names then myself, so I didn't get to use some of my faves. I guess we agreed easier on girl names then boy names, but boy names are my favorite! I could still sit & browse through baby name books all day long. I never bore of it. But i haven't done that for awhile so i'll just try & tell you some i can think of and maybe you'll like one or two (or maybe you won't).
Ace, Creed, Cru/Cruz, Cole, Grayson, Hunter, Matthew, Sawyer (you're a Lost fan too right?), Xander or Xavier, Bridger, Slade, Gage, Gunner, Cannon, Cohen, Quinn, Ryder, Lucas, Collin, . .. um can't think of anymore.
oh and of course Drake - that's what i wanted to name my boy super bad. I still named him that but technically its his middle name - but i called him that for the first 6 months.
Greg said he would be honored if you would use his middle name - Clifton. Enjoy!
Someone once told me that they watch movie credits to come up with names. My kids names all came to me near the end of my pregnancy (except Austin - that was Greg's choice). I know it sounds corny, but pray about it. Maybe something will come to you.
For what it's worth, I like a lot of those names mentioned above. Good luck!
You could also look into your family history. Sometimes there are some really cool names lurking there.
Wyatt
Quinn
Easton
Ezra
Gavin
Owen--(if we had another boy, this'd be his name)
Wesley
Jonas
Jonah
Crew--I thought that was REALLY weird when I first heard it, but it's grown on me.
Corban--my nephew's name
Oliver
Or you could just go with what we were tempted (haha) to do: use both of our father's middle names. We'd have a Chuck Ralph. Gorgeous!
Taft, Tagg, Race, Ryder, Slate, Cruz,Deacon River, Canyon I know these are different names, but thought they were cute
I think this is funny! I have certainly run out of boy names. I saw that one of your friends suggested Cannon, really cool name, that is my #4 boy's name :) I love Gunnar, would have fought for that this time. I hate trendy over used names. So, I look at the top 100 baby name lists and won't use anything on it. We always read credits on movies and tv and search through family history. We have used lots of last names for first names. Good luck!
Jen, keep in mind that the child himself may come with his name. There are two William Ivory (s) in our Wiseman line so I had "April Ivory" picked out for my second girl but as I looked over at her under the lights a voice in my head said, "Her name is Susan." I added the Ruth and my mom was absolutely tickled.
Now Susan has Evangeline Grace and is 3 months along with the second baby. Good Luck with the names!
Aunt Ruth Ann
Wow! I love all of these name ideas! Thank you, thank you! Keep them coming...I'm going to make a list from all of these! This is so much better than looking online for hours!
So not that I have any kids, as you know, but I am really in love with the names Benton and Asher lately! just an idea!
Wow! Lots of comments. When Thomas came along (our 3rd boy), I had no clue and Carlo just said, "I like Thomas". Great! That was fine with me. For the middle name we decided to name him after the first male member of the church on his Dad's side. Ughhhh...it was Frans Fillipus. Needless to say, we chose the least odd name and his middle name is Frans. I'm NOT suggesting that for you!
Here are a few:
Gavin
Shane
Keenan
Aaron
Christian
James
Thomas
Oh...
and Fillipus :)
Well I hope that you don't like Corbin cause that is what we are naming ours. J/K like it would matter that we both named our kids that. I had boy names all picked out even before I was married, so boys are easy for me. Emma on the other hand was Matthew's idea and so we just went with that. All the names I liked for girls Brody hated (Peyton, Hannah, Annie, Grace). So Matthew got to name Emma, thank goodness he didn't pick something horrible . So, I liked Peyton for a girl, but Brody insists it's a boys name so you can have that one!!
Oh I like Jackson too!
I am in the exact same situation! I thought for sure we were having a girl, and had a girl name picked out. Boy names are very hard for me also. I have a few I like alot, but Parker is not loving them. So we have no boy name yet!
Did you see my 3D pics on facebook?
OK Jen, I've always like the names Kimball, Cooper, and Logan. Our Dallin was almost Cooper. So many people told me that he would be called "Cooper Pooper" (ha, ha) but I guess you just can't listen to other people's opinions. Good luck!
Names?? It was so hard for me. I even left the hospital thinking I made the wrong choice between Claire and Chloe. I love the names:
Rylan
Bridger
Grayson (wanted that for Zane's middle name)
Jaxon
Good Luck and whatever you name him will be wonderful.....
Well, since I may never get to use these names I will share them with you.
My names:
Branton
Bodie
Other names I like:
Derek
Caleb
Mahonri (tee hee)
Josecanseco (I swear! ;))
Name twists off of my own name:
Al
Adam
Atila
Well there you have it. Hope I was helpful. Love you babe!
Well, I don't know if I know any good names since I tend to go to the "Bible names." Scott and I name each child after a person that has made an impact in one or both of our lives. Hence, Jacob Webb (mission pres. of Scott's) and Joshua Scott (Scott) and Addison Kaye (my middle name and my great grandfather's name was Addison). I really like Deacon (though he may be teased in the "Mormon" community) Jett, and Ryan. Just remember this will be his name FOREVER... but no pressure. :)
Congratulations! WE have the opposite problem. Girl names are hard for us, but we like about 20 boy names! Here are a few:
Zachary (we are going for this one on our next boy--if we have a next boy)
Seth
Sean
Jace--love it, but Jace Seaman? too many s's
Caleb
Curtis
Ezra- i likey
Joshua
Christian
looks like you have a lot of help so now good luck picking just one. Excited for you.
I can't tell you...I might need them...
Ace.
Boys are so much harder to name... I agree. Maybe because so many of the boy names can be girl names now too. We ended up naming our baby Linus because it was the only boy name we agreed on and every once in awhile my husband and I look at each other and laugh saying, "we have a kid named Linus!"
Boys names are easy for us...
I second the idea of Zachary - we have one and he is 13 and gorgeous both inside and out (I am a little biased you know!)
My other gorgeous boy is Samuel and he is 14. We call them by their full names ie Samuel and Zachary, although their friends are now calling them Sam and Zac.
If my daughter was a boy - she was definitely going to be Jobe. Love that name.
Also love Tobias, Seth, Saul, Zane and Zeke - just to name a few!
Good luck and how exciting!
k8
Congratulations on your expected baby boy! Boys names are hard - we have Liam Parker, and then our daughter is Ella Michele (first names are their own, middle names are family names) We're expecting again, and if it's a boy we're going with Jack. If it's a girl we're juggling with Abby, Gemma or Julia.
Here are names that were always linked to troublemakers when I was teaching: Caleb, Xavier, Angel (worst name idea ever for a little boy!!!), Kalub, Cody, Raul, Axl, Diesel, Jesus and Garrett - too bad, too, cause I like a couple of those names! Darling boys - definite handfuls :)
My only name advice is to keep the spelling kind of simple - I know from spelling Spurgiesz for years that having a nice, easy to spell first name was great. Your other kids have darling names!
Diego, Federico or.... PANCHITO!!my favorites haha
I am having the same problem... I had one boy name and I used it- DEACON... now I am totally at a a loss! Yikes- I got a few ideas from this post though.
Post a Comment