Monday, November 17, 2008

Super Powers


As I'm fixing Madeline's hair this morning this is what she says:
 "I wish I had super powers so that I could read peoples minds, then I'd know if Kelton likes me."  She's had a "crush" on him this year.  
When do girls start getting the "boys are gross" sense?  Not soon enough I suppose.  And it doesn't seem to last long enough either.

Yesterday at dinner T. announced:
"I wish our whole house was full of water that way when I'm fiwsty (thirsty) I can just do dis..."he starts sucking the air like his lips are wrapped around a straw.  The child cracks me up.

14 comments:

Simona Walters said...

The things out of the mouths of babes, I believe they are all little comedians in the making at this age... You know they have no filters. About the boys are gross thing, my daughter is 5 and she has her first crush from school and I am thinking the same thing, "when will the cooties kick in?" you're right, not soon enough, they're now getting married, it is a relationship on the fast track I guess. What fun~Simona

Michelle Arnett said...

That is so funny T cracks me up. Haha. I never got the cooties of boys. . I was boy crazy from kindergarten! Haha. . . trouble for you!

Emily said...

Too funny! I love both of them! And they both make excellent points. It would be wonderful to have super powers, and T has a point on the thirsty thing. I love it!

All I know is that boys definitely have cooties of girls in 2nd Grade. I can't even tease Austin about it because he gets so defensive. And he's started saying, "Oh gross" and covering his eyes when Greg and I kiss. So, of course we do it just to get a reaction. :)

Allyson said...

So cute!!!!! Maddie's going to have the boys beating down your door in no time. Jasper should invest in a big stick...or tazer. I love to hear her talk with Malia about their "crushes". They're 7 going on 13. Yikes! Maddie's going to be 8 on Friday!
Tanner could say anything and it'd be adorable...but that was a very cute one! It's such a pain having to get a cup and all.

Christine said...

Ah, Tanner. We all have that wish.

chelle said...

Great kids. I think I will get tired of reading peoples minds. It would be great if you could turn it on and off. M

Mel said...

love you, love the pics of you below and your sassy eyes, love your kids, love your idea about Christmas, love your thoughts about motherhood. You inspire me.

Danae said...

I think the cootie thing hits about 4th grade and ends in 6th. Madsen is now in 7th grade and the girls are way more into the boys then the boys are into the girls. The girls are also very forward and tricky. It is a little frightening! At least right now Maddie is innocently in love!

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, where did you find that awesome picture of me?

Jen-ben said...

Hello Jana, that's not you, it's me. :)

Ella A. said...

I just came accross your lovely blog via my friend Rachel, and I'm quite glad that I did. I'm pretty sure I'll be a regular reader, now. I love the vintage ads on the sidebar especially. So fun! Nice to "meet" you! :)

Sera said...

I can't even think about Kaylee entering kindergarten yet, let alone if she thinks a boy likes her or not. Ahhhh! Funny comment about the house being filled with water. :)

Sarah Welsh said...

Oh, the things children think of & say. Wouldn't it be fun to still be able to think that way (or would it just be scary)?

Speaking of super powers I was reading a blog by a woman who said that people have told her that her super power was doing hair. I've decide that everyone has a super power (also known as a talent, but saying super power just sounds so much more fun). Your super power would be photograhy & looking at the world with an artistic eye (you have SO many more, but I can imagine the costume, with a picture of a camera on the chest of the costume & a zoom lense in your utility belt). Super Jen!!

diane lott said...

hilarious! love the pic of WW!