This is for those of you who asked!I went by this list of foods I got from a naturopathic doctor in AZ. They were AMAZING. I wish I could find someone like them here. Six Month Food:
These are introduced into the breast-feeding regime (or formula). Hypoallergenic foods should be used, iron rich, and adequate fiber & fluid levels for health of the colon.
Prunes
Banana
Carrot (steamed)
Broccoli
Applesauce
Yam
Kiwi
Cherries
Blackberry
Mung bean sprouts (steamed)
Cauliflower (steamed)
Grapes
Pears
Green peas
Nine Month foods:
Substantial growth and maturation of tissues occurs at 9 months. Iron and zinc foods are emphasized, as well as high bulk and fiber for good intestinal health. The intestinal bacteria change from Bifidobacterium to a variety of others as we add foods. High fiber encourages a smooth transition to these bacteria. Introduce these foods one at a time watching for any allergic reactions.
Papaya
Lima Beans
Mashed potatoes
Artichoke
Sweet Potato
String beans
Nectarines
Oatmeal
Split pea soup
Basmati rice
Cabbage
Millet
Blueberry
Chard
Twelve Month Foods:
High fiber, zinc, protein, iron and complex carbohydrates are emphasized. Always watchin for allergic reactions.
Acorn Squash
Barley
Asparagus
Spirulina
Parsnips
Yoghurt
Tofu
Avocado
Brown rice
Hubbard squash
I always made my own baby food from fresh organic (if possible) vegetables & fruit. This way I always knew exactly what I feeding my baby. At 6 and 9 months I still steamed (if needed) and pureed most of the foods- or use a baby food grinder. You can always make big batches and freeze them in ice cube trays or small containers.






9 comments:
You have amazing patience and dedication! I was always fine with gerber or whatever. I thought it'd be great to be able to find time and energy to prepare extra healthy foods for my babies...unfortunately, I never made it a priority. I'm lucky they like healthy foods now! They fight over the spinach! You're a great mom Jen!
Thank you! Thank you! This is great. We've been doing organic and I've been making most of it but not in this order. This is very helpful:) I'm working on having patience with giving them cups and their own spoons - what a mess and a good growing opportunity for my patience:) My girls don't have any teeth yet but they are eager to feed themselves so this week I'm looking for fruits and vegis that are soft enough for them to gum in chunks:) Ah the joys!
Fabulous list! I've been putting organic produce in a baby food grinder and pureeing it for Kaylee. This is a great resource that you posted!
I've always admired people who make all their own baby food. I make about half, I do notice that they eat the home made stuff much better, it tastes so much better!
You are the best mom ever. m
Heh. Who knew you'd grow up to be the mom who fed her babies homemade organic baby food?
I too did the homeade baby food for all of my little ones as well but it was not always organic.....
I'm interested in hearing about the holistic foods you feed your kids to help with their moods! Please share.
Thanks so much! I'm excited to try some of these. Yeah I've never heard of a doctor like that in these parts. So you can't get fresh organic stuff at grocery stores, can you? Just places like Wild Oats? Yes, more holistic info is always welcome. Thanks again!
Since my so-stubborn little girl wouldn't eat from a spoon I couldn't feed her "baby food". Finally I gave up and let her feed herself. It was great. She got lots of fresh veggies and fruits and such and I barely had to cook most of it and I never had to puree or strain.
That's a great list of foods that I'm going to have to come back to in a year or so. I have to add rice cakes. I found organic unsalted brown rice cakes at a big chain supermarket here.
Post a Comment