Madeline's party was a fabulous success. Emily gave me the idea to make it like they were going to the movies. I set up every guest with fake money, just enough to pay for a movie ticket and all but one treat at the "concession stand". I made signs with the prices for everything, licorice, soda, candy bars, popcorn, sucker. Pretty much anything that's not good for you. They were all so cute waiting in line to spend their money. They watched their movie, ran around- all of them- screaming. Then did presents, cake and ice cream.
We've been so blessed with so many amazing people all around us. Their children are just as amazing.
Cake courtesy of Emily. She's so good to me. I'm not a cake decorator. I basically like to do everything the very easiest way possible. I'm not dedicated enough to try things when it come to baking...cakes. 
One of Maddie's bff's. She had to leave early. They love each other. :)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Party time
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






14 comments:
I LOVE the movie theater idea! I am totally going to do that. Love the cake too!
Awesome idea! Everything looked great and looks like they all had so much fun!
That is awesome! What a fun idea! I want to steal it too. But probably not this year b/c Emma's planning on a Pajama Party...
What day is/was her birthday?? I forgot about it!!
Cute cake! Happy Birthday to Madeline!
My mom threw me a movie party when I was a kid and I ate so many treats that I threw up after the party. Learned a lesson on overeating there!
Aw, your little birthday girl is SO cute! That is just a fabulous idea for a birthday - how fun. :) I'm going to keep that in mind for future reference.
We did the movie theater idea for FHE. The kids loved it. I am so happy you have so many good people around you. m
I love your movie theatre idea, my girls would too. I might have to steal it. By the way, your kids are ADORABLE>
What a cute cake. Cute party - and I'm impressed you had so many girls/kids over there. I totally believe the running around & screaming part!
hehehe. they're all so cute :) Jen i'm still gonna bring that salad! i'm so excited to make it!
Thanks for inviting Claire! I know she had a great time even if she wanted to leave early. Happy Birthday Maddie!
SO so so much fun! What a great mom you are for going to sooo much work! Looks like a hit!
Hi Bestie!
Oh my gosh! She is getting soooo big and beautiful! We are so hooking up her and Jaydan after his mission! Haha, well, I miss you! The next time I come to Utah I want to see you!!
xoxo
Such cute pictures and such a cute party, cake, etc. Malia was not at all happy to leave early. She was having so much fun! Then again, she's never happy to leave your house. Thanks for showing her a fun time!
Happy Belated birthday to Maddie! Her birthday was amazing! Wish I had the talent to make something like that! sounds like everyone had a great time :) xx
Post a Comment