Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Thousand Splendid Suns

It's 1 am and I have just been sobbing for the past hour over this book. It is an absolutely amazing book. It has opened up my eyes more and more to Afghans and their crude hardships. The book focuses on a relationship between 2 women who have suffered immensely but find love in one another. I want to cry just thinking about this book...because I know that there are people just like these characters who suffer just as they suffer. Again, I feel more and more aware of the world we live in and how desperately we need to be anxiously engaged, in seeking out those around us who we might have the privilege of giving our aid, our love. A very moving book.

3 comments:

The Cureton Family said...

Jen, I am so impressed! You have become quite the reader. I love getting your critiques. I will have to check out this book.

Melissa Bosen said...

I cannot believe how many books you get through. I write all of the books down and hope I'll get them read someday! I know that I have to make time for that more often. Thanks for inspiring us all to read!
Melissa

MoM K said...

Bonnie wants to know if you have read the Kite Runner (his first book)? She loved it! And we love your blog! (mom, bonnie and grampa and topsy)