"Grandpa, who is your oldest grandchild??? Do you remember? (wink wink)"
"Well let's see honey....(extremely long pause) I'm not sure..."
"It's ME Grandpa, how could you forget?!"
I love this man. Even if he forgets that I am his oldest Grandbaby. He loves to have his hair brushed, I remember loving to brush his lush white hair when I was little. It would always end in a sleeping Grandpa. He is one of the sweetest, most loving, generous men I have ever met. He is a fabulous story teller, I loved that when I was little. He could make his finger disappear, amazing! Some of my fondest memories are of him teaching us how to make things in his wood shop. And Grandpa isn't Grandpa without memories of Grandma. One night Jasper and I stopped by Brastow on our way to L.A. It was BLAZING hot and they had minimal AC going on in that house. So what did my fab Grandma prepare for us for a snack at 10 pm on a hot night? Hot tapioca pudding baby. He loves affection- so do I. If you ever need anything, he's always there for people. For heavens sakes, the man lives in Barstow CA. and loves the darn place. Who loves Barstow??? He does, simply because he loves the people there. Love you Grandpa! 
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Grandpa
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Grandpa's are the best! It has been such a blessing to see my Grandparents with Polly & I hate to think about it the other way around! I take lots of pictures of my grandparents with Polly but need to remember to get some with me!
Very sweet! Your grandpa reminds me of my own in a lot of ways, even though I don't know him very well. But Eric's shared a lot of memories about him with me. Grandpa's are the best!
What a great post and what a great grandpa.
These pictures are precious. Literally. (I dont use the word precious, unless I mean it literally.)
And, can I just say, you and Jasper make one mold. Seriously- your kids are clones! And dang good looking clones, at that!
What a sweet post. :) It makes ya want to meet the guy!
I love grandpa!! He makes me feel so cuddly and happy. These are such cute pictures!
haha thats so cute, everytime i visit he has to take me to del taco, i don't have a choice. and also he has to hold my hand walking in. i love him :)
Post a Comment