I hate camping. I really have tried. There are many reasons I was born in a time where I can take a shower in clean, hot water, blow dry my hair straighten it & brush my teeth (all in privacy I might add) with no bugs, and in a room where I can stand at my full 5'3". Thank you. :)
I love all your little "old fashioned" sayings that you've added all over your blog. I especially like the one about giving birth AND changing diapers. I don't love camping, even though I was raised by a mother who absolutely loves it. However, my exception to camping is a houseboat on Lake Powell. Powell makes any port-a-potty worth it!
I also love camping but at the moment i'm camping out in my bedroom coughing up big loogs! I daydream that I am camping and what I'm hockin' up is some sap from a pine tree I'm chewing on. I know, leave it to me to be so descriptive!!!...but that's how i feel right now. Thanks for the Jamba Juice Jen!! It makes for swallowing the gunk way more pleasant and soothing!!! You're a real friend!!! I love the pics by the way of all the spilt milk!! You're an amazing photographer! Additionally!!!!!! You need to check out this young artist at www.akiane.com !! You wont' be disappointed!!!!
You're little "ad" about dreaming about the house being clean - it really happened the other night. My floors desperately need a good scrubbing, so I did it in my sleep. I was genuinely disappointed the next morning when I thought they were done and I stepped on some crumbs (they were stuck to the bottom of my foot), and I looked all over to see that the floor was in fact still a disaster. What a horrible dream!
My idea of camping is where you have "flushies" (as we fondly used to call them at Girls Camp), HOT running water, and cabins! Ok so it's not really camping. I can do tents if you have a super thick sleeping bag and foam pad to sleep on. All in all, if I'm going to go somewhere I'd rather shack up in a hotel with my hubby...or at least stay in a lodge.
"You make a living by what you get, you make life by what you give."
Out of the mouths of babes
5/11 Tae: "My dad is bigger than my mom and my mom is mini-er than my dad"
5/11 Tae: "Don't coffee me!!!" she and paige seem to think the word for copy is actually coffee.
05/11 Tae: After going in the front yard after me telling her not to.. " oh mom, I accidentally thought the front was the back"
03/09: Maddie: " Why do we have to pay taxes? Why do they have to have laws...like pay your taxes? Or don't stand on swivel chairs?" Ha ha!!
12/08: Tanner: "mom, don't pick your nose and throw it on the ground or you will slip on it like a banana peel. So you have to put it on a picture, or a high shelf"
Tae 3/09: Today she was looking for little scab on her hand and noticed it was gone. So she said "Mom, my owie went home!"
2/09 Maddie: Kimi is eating a burger, Mad hates red meat. "Mmmm, that looks good" Me: "But you don't even like hamburgers!" Maddie: "But if it were the only food left on earth, I'd pound it."
12/08 Tanner: "Mom, when can we get out our bean stocks?" I realized he was talking about Christmas Stockings. :)
11/08 I'm in the bathroom, alone. But never really alone. Maddie comes to the door and says "mom what was your best moment?" Uh, can we talk about this later?
11/08 Tanner: "Mom, is my bones warm or hot?" later that day..."I wish our house was made of nachos." Ya, me too.
10/08 Me" Well Maddie when I was little I only got a quarter or 50 cents for a tooth" Maddie" Ya, well that was in the OLDEN DAYS mom! The tooth fairy hardly had any money then."
9/08 Tan:" Mom, when you have the new baby, will we sell Taelyn?"
01/08 Maddie: "Guess what Mom, when I lose my front tooth the tooth fairy brings me $20" What?? Who said that? "A girl in my class! I'm so excited to get my very own $20!"
10/07 Madeline: "Mom I remember what it was like to live with Jesus before I was born" Oh really? "Ya, it looked just like it does here, but it was on clouds."
09/07 Tanner: "Mom sometimes your mean to me, but Sister Castleberry (nursery teacher) is always nice to me...like this many times ( he holds up his little 5 fingers right in my face)" How cute is he??
Just the other day Madeline came to me after practicing some intricate dance moves with Jaren and said "Mom, I just wish I could marry Jaren because he dances with me, he does whatever I say, and he's such a gooood guy. Why can't I marry my brother? " I then explained just why we don't marry our siblings. Hopefully she'll have no problem finding a guy just like Jaren in 20 years.
"Shake your bootie, shake your bootie..." This goes along with a mooning of sorts by the 3 yr. old Tanner
“Do you wish you were Dad so you wouldn’t have to change Taelyn’s diaper or do all the work, and you could be at church on time?” -Maddie
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.
If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward.
I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in every culture, is the story of Popeye.
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.
To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.
We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me.
Probably the earliest flyswatters were nothing more than some sort of striking surface attached to the end of a long stick.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
I love my family, practical jokes, laughing, people who say it like it is, meeting new people, and long walks on the beach...hahaha. I hate being late, mustard, and tours of any kind.
7 comments:
Ha! It's so true . . .
Actually I really do love camping but I do NOT like camping with little kids!
I hate camping. I really have tried. There are many reasons I was born in a time where I can take a shower in clean, hot water, blow dry my hair straighten it & brush my teeth (all in privacy I might add) with no bugs, and in a room where I can stand at my full 5'3". Thank you. :)
I love all your little "old fashioned" sayings that you've added all over your blog. I especially like the one about giving birth AND changing diapers. I don't love camping, even though I was raised by a mother who absolutely loves it. However, my exception to camping is a houseboat on Lake Powell. Powell makes any port-a-potty worth it!
I also love camping but at the moment i'm camping out in my bedroom coughing up big loogs! I daydream that I am camping and what I'm hockin' up is some sap from a pine tree I'm chewing on. I know, leave it to me to be so descriptive!!!...but that's how i feel right now. Thanks for the Jamba Juice Jen!! It makes for swallowing the gunk way more pleasant and soothing!!! You're a real friend!!! I love the pics by the way of all the spilt milk!! You're an amazing photographer! Additionally!!!!!! You need to check out this young artist at www.akiane.com !! You wont' be disappointed!!!!
Here here! I liked it WAY more before we had kids.
You're little "ad" about dreaming about the house being clean - it really happened the other night. My floors desperately need a good scrubbing, so I did it in my sleep. I was genuinely disappointed the next morning when I thought they were done and I stepped on some crumbs (they were stuck to the bottom of my foot), and I looked all over to see that the floor was in fact still a disaster. What a horrible dream!
My idea of camping is where you have "flushies" (as we fondly used to call them at Girls Camp), HOT running water, and cabins! Ok so it's not really camping. I can do tents if you have a super thick sleeping bag and foam pad to sleep on. All in all, if I'm going to go somewhere I'd rather shack up in a hotel with my hubby...or at least stay in a lodge.
Post a Comment