I can NOT believe that my little newbie is 3 weeks old. I keep asking myself where the time has gone. I'm still getting used to having a newborn again. I also can't believe how loooooong everything takes. My groove is so off. I have only showered before noon a handful of times. It's like as soon as I get a chance to do something- baby needs to eat...for at least 30 minutes. Then he would like to poop. Then be put back to sleep. Not that I mind any of these things, I just forgot how time consuming it all is. Another reason I am glad that I haven nothing schedules for another 3 weeks. I'm really trying to cherish every moment, every small breath, and raspy sigh. And those tiny hands and feet. It's amazing to me how he knows where I am. He'll lay beside me in my bed and honestly make his way over to spoon me. Awe. I love him. He's such a great baby! I just have to get a new schedule going.....Isn't he just too precious?!

Some things I have LOVED:
Lily Padz- amazing!!! They're reusable nursing pads made of silicone. They make it so you hardly leak at all...and hide the radar nips. Hallelujah! :) Seriously....the BEST!

Pineapple Juice- Helps so you don't get engorged. Because we all know good that feels. Just start drinking it a day or so before you pop that baby out.

Sleep sack, or other swaddling blanket.







14 comments:
The time flies way too fast. It sounds like you're doing well. I remember it took me forever to get into a "groove." He's so cute. :)
I think the groove has taken longer with each child for me. But, I'm also much more content with the lack of groove. The pictures of Chase are so deceiving - adorable, but deceiving. He has such a long face (especially with his bright eyes wide awake and studying the world so intently), and the pictures make it look round and much more chubby. Still...In pictures or real life, he is so, so beautiful! You and Jasper do good work!
Aw! he is so cute. I'm still waiting. Today is my official due date! UGH! I guess he doesn't want to share a birthday with his sister, so I'll be waiting, I mean technically there are a few more hours left in this day, so it could be today.
So sweet! They do change fast, don't they? Good for you for cherishing every moment!
By the time you get used to having a newborn he probably won't be a newborn anymore!
Maybe I should make a list of all the things you love and the stuff people recommended to you on that earlier post.
He'll probably be so big when I get to see him! I need to come visit you...
I remember those days. I can't believe my baby is 18 months. You are wise to cherish each moment. It is amazing how fast the time goes by.
I too feel that way with my 10 month old Claire. It seems like it is going way too fast and I am running..screaming "No!, WAIT!" but maybe because she is my last babe. I too, am cherishing every moment. Who cares if I am stinky, dirty and unshowered..right?
I agree- it goes by too fast. Taylor will be 1 in a week. yikes. Chase is amazing- I can't wait to meet him in person.
He is soooo sweet! I love Lily Padz too, they are awesome!!!! And Thanks for the tip on pineapple juice! I will do that for sure!!!
Thank you thank you for the tips! They are always appreciated! I'm feeling little by little more prepared for boy #2 to come. I'm glad Chase is such a good, happy baby. He is so dang cute. And I'm glad you like that pic of you Jasper and Chase. It's one of those that makes me tear up. I'm a boob. :) And I'm so thrilled that I got to help. You so deserve to do the receiving for once. Have a good day!
Yes, he is so precious! He is the most precious new baby in the whole world!!! I'm so glad I have snuggled and hugged him. Babies are just the best.
Ohhh he is precious! I have totally forgot how to take care of a new baby and it has been less than 2 years. I do remember the time comsuming part, the breastfeeding about did me in. I hope I can get into the baby mode, I am not where near it now. Love the Lily Pads also. Good to know about the pineapple juice!
I love his little cheeks, they are filling out quite beautifully!! And the groove thing, let me know when you figure it out. You'll have to teach me:)
Thanks for the favorites... I am going to get myself some lily padz for sure... now!
Post a Comment