Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chase

He's here! Little Chase Rockwell. He was 7lbs 10 oz and 19in. Wednesday I went in to be induced. It took forever...my longest labor ever. He was posterior so that was the hold up. Thank goodness for epidurals. Seriously! He's so sweet, and I love his lips, and soft soft skin. There's nothing like it! So far he's so calm and content, I only hope he doesn't turn on me! :)
Labor was good, had a little trouble afterwards and got to have some good wholesome drama in my postpartum room. I ended up fainting because my uterus wasn't clamping back down like it should, so I awoke to about 15 nurses in my room and doctor pulling out blood clots, again and again and again. I was to say the least- freaked out- so scared. But so so thankful for all the nurses and doc who got there so FAST! And of course a husband who is amazing and has the most calming nature about him. He wasn't in the room at first and came in to the complete chaos, as soon as I saw him I started crying...but knew everything would be ok.
Anyway, the kids all adore him, I adore him. He is so precious!! Love you little man!

My friend
Michelle took pics for us at the hospital, it was so nice not having to worry about picture taking!! Thanks Michelle!







Here he is at 3 days old...




55 comments:

Andee said...

Oh, that first pic of you and Jasper makes me cry! That is such a sweet time for hubby and wife, nothing brings you closer I think. So good to hear Chase is here safe and sound. Congrats!

Meredith said...

SO adorable! I love the pic of you and Jas while you were in Lillian's position! :) Congratulations to you guys! I can't wait to finally get my hands on him...whenever that is....

Carol said...

Congratulations Jen! Chase is georgeous and so are the pics.

Rachel Clare said...

Jen, he's precious. Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you guys. I love that picture of Jasper shhh-ing him. So sweet. Who shot those?

Rachel Clare said...

Oh hello. I didn't read what you'd typed before I posted my comment! Never mind on my question!

Ella A. said...

He's so precious! Congratulations! Glad the drama is over for you, that sounded scary.

Christine said...

Aw, I love that you had someone take pics for you! All the one of you and Jasper are so cool, and the first one is so so sweet!
Chase is completely adorable, I love his lips too!

The Cureton Family said...

Wow! What an experience! But so worth it. He is absolutely precious. Congratulations!!!

Theresa said...

So happy for you guys. Glad little "Rocky" is here and safe. Glad you are safe, too. He is precious.

AudyCamp said...

Congratulations!! Im so jealous you are already at this stage of seeing your little guy. I can't wait! He is beautiful... I love the cheeks! Those pictures of you & Jasper with Chase are too precious. Take Care & get lots of sleep.

Andrea said...

Oh, Jen! He's beautiful and perfect and lovely! Sorry for all the drama at the hospital, but I'm glad you're okay.

Kristi said...

WOW that is scary! I am so glad that everything is ok - he is sooooo sweet! Congrats!!!! I LOVE the pics of you and Jasper! Those are so precious!

tiffunny said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys!!

Angie said...

Wow Jen, you are AMAZING!!!! It is sooooo scary to wake up to chaos, thank goodness for calm and cool husbands and of course the Lord's hand in it all. The first pic of you and Jaz makes me tear up, such a precious moment. He is gorgeous and what a miracle! I love little cute men! Great name too!

Ali said...

Jen Ben, I am sitting here staring at your post and bawling like a baby. Tears of complete joy for you and your family. What a beautiful, sweet, wonderful little blessing of a baby you have. I love little Chase already and I don't even know him yet. I have a feeling he will be full of personality since he wanted to come out mooning you all! ;) Love you and wish I could be there to smell the baby loveliness. Hugs!

Beal Family said...

Jen, Congrats!!! He is soooooo cute! Makes me so baby hungry... I have something for that cute little man too. When you are feeling a little better I will stop by. He is absolutely beautiful!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

Ohhhh...he is so sweet and beautiful! I'm glad you are doing alright. All my babes were posterior too - took forever!

CONGRATS!!!

And I'm so glad you got Jorae as your nurse - she is the best!

Marie said...

Congratulations Jen!!!
He is adorable!

Meredith said...

Boy he was cheesy! :)

Erin said...

What a little sweetie! I hate labor/delivery scares. Glad everything ended up ok. I hope your recovery is quick and easy.

Unknown said...

the birth photos are such a treasure. congrats.

Mel said...

I just can't get over how beautiful he is! What a sweetheart. How scary about the clotting after the delivery- that is so scary. I am so glad you are okay. wow. love you lots.

Michelle Arnett said...

Hey Jen Jen! I will get you a CD tomorrow. . asap! Sounds like I need to talk to you! I had NO idea that all that post delivery stuff happened! How much after I left did that happen? How scary. I don't know what I would have done if I had been there, I would have FREAKED and panicked. Can you use dinner? I'll bring you dinner this week. What day is best? Lots of love.
Michelley

Jana said...

Aaaawwww! Hi, Chase!
He's so cute....I love him.
You make good babies.
The pics of you and Jasper are way cute.
Can't believe you have FIVE kids!! Way to go, girl.

Emily said...

He does have fabulous lips, and look at you taking pics at three days! Impressive! I, too, absolutely love the ones of you and Jasper. You guys look completely enamored with each other. We are so happy for you! I have to admit that your episode kind of freaked me out as well. Thank heavens for good hospital staff!

Chase is simply adorable. Macy told me that he is the cutest baby ever, and she really wants to hold him again. Oh, and the other day when I was doing her hair, she suggested that maybe you should just do her hair every day. I'm so easily replaced! But who better to be replaced by than you! Love you!

Unknown said...

What precious pics! I'm sure you will treasure those always! Congrats!

Colette said...

Congrats!! Jen he is so adorable. I'm glad your ok.

Mary Lynn said...

Oh, he's so gorgeous!! What a little cutie! I love the ones with you and jasper in them- so sweet!

Ruth said...

ooooh,I remember a doctor removing clots. It HURT! Enough of my experiences.
The baby is adorable. Can't wait to see pix of the other kids adoring him.
Congratulations! Aunt Ruth Ann

Unknown said...

Awwww, JEN! He's absolutely PERFECT! I love his name, and his cute little baby face, and those feet - my goodness...I'm so glad you are okay - it sounds like that was absolutely terrifying what happened in the hospital. I'll be excited to see more pics down the road of the kids together. You are amazing, lady! Lots of love to you!

Marissa Vargason said...

Those hospital pictures are priceless!!!! Congratultions he is adorable.

Amber said...

Congrats! He is so precious! I love his chubbiness! Nothing like a fresh newbie! And I'm so glad you're ok after the trauma at the hospital.

Bryndie said...

Ohhh, he is so beautiful! I bet you guys are so glad he is here. Sorry, you had such a scarry experience during delivery. It helps having a calm husband thats for sure. Congratulations!

Laura said...

Jen, Chase is amazing and so are you. The pictures are wonderful. Cute, cute, cute!

Robyn said...

YEA! Congrats! He is adorable!

Jackie said...

Congrats Jen and Jasper! He is so cute and I love his name. You did good. Sorry there was afterbirth trauma. Glad to hear you're okay though. Love you!

Tera said...

Yea! I have looked at these pics several times, he is so sweet, it could make a girl want another one. Too bad, maybe I'll just have to hold yours :)

Sarah Welsh said...

SOOOOO Sweet! CONGRATS my wonderwoman cousin!

Valerie said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your cute family! =) BEAUTIFUL baby!

JoRae aka Lolae said...

Hey Jenn,
I am glad everything is well. I was worried about you after I left the maternity room, considering you were doing great in delivery. He is so cute and the pictures that Michelle took are adorable. One day . . . So, I am going to email you. Thanks for all the tips, letting me be there, and again congratulations.

JoRae

Kathy said...

Congrats! He is so adorable. I'm glad everything worked out with the post delivery...scary. He is seriously one cute little babe. I hope you're feeling good and getting at least a little sleep.

Aislinn said...

Congrats!!!!! He is so perfect and completely ADORABLE. Nothing better than a brand new baby. :)

Sandy said...

Yippee! I love the name and am glad that all is well. It's my turn next!! I can't wait, my ankles looks like an elephant's and Matthew prays for them not to swell up every night! haha!

Anonymous said...

He is PERFECT! So beautiful! Congrats! I am so glad that the doctors and nurses took care of you, that sounded scary, but you are tough!
You little mother of 5!!

KJenx said...

Awesome! He is a keeper!

MoM K said...

I LOVE the pictures! I can just imagine being there. Jazz looks so sweet cooing at Chase and you two together. So glad I can come! See you on Wednesday so save some hugs for me!

andrea said...

what an experience! and you have another precious son. congratulations! my offer still stands, when you need something, let me know if i can help.

chelle said...

I saw this little one's grandpa at church yesterday. He was so proud, caring around Chase's photo. What a wonderful family he has slipped into. m

sara said...

Second picture = PRICELESS. I love it! :) Sweet moment between you two.

Whew. Glad you are doing alright. Blood clots are scary. Hope everything is going FABULOUS. I bet your kids are big helpers!

Bethany said...

Congratulations to your family!

Mrs. Whitney's Classroom said...

I know! Don't be too shocked that I'm commenting! Little Chase is so cute-way good pictures too! Can't wait to hold him! I'll give you the boppy too. Love ya ! simone

cami said...

Congrats you guys! Chase is adorable. You and Jasper make the most beautiful children! I'm glad everything (well, almost) went well. So happy for you. Let me know when to send over those choc. chip cookies!;)

Melissa Bosen said...

Congrats, Jen & Jasper! Sorry for the traumatic experience...you don't expect it on those third, fourth, fifth babies. You'd think the baby would just come flying out by then! Aiden was posterior and caused quite havoc on his mama too!
We recently found out were having baby boy #4! Email me if you can't get to my blog. I forget who is on there. mbosen@hotmail.com
Hope he continues to be good to you so you get well soon!! :)

Kristy said...

Holy cow! Congrats, he's beautiful. I'm so sorry about the scariness at the end. Did you lose a lot of blood? Man. I got a big shot of adrenaline after reading that story, but I'm so glad that all is well and you are on the mend. What a blessed little baby, to be coming to a home and family as loving as you are. Again, congratulations.
Kristy