Little Tae Tae, wasn't she such an adorable newborn? She was only 5 days old in these. She was a perfectly content baby. She was beautiful and had so much hair. Ah...so fresh!. It was three years ago that I had a baby... I'm a little nervous I'll be out of touch with the whole baby thing. . But if I remember right- it all comes back quickly...ya? I wanted to ask all of you: what your favorite must have item is for a baby...or mom? I know they are always coming up with new stuff. So what can't you live without? A dresser drawer? Come on, share!! I must know. :)
Monday, March 9, 2009
What's your "must have"?
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






19 comments:
what a pretty newborn she was! So one thing I can't live without is one of those cuddle up blankies that velcros and keeps them all bundled up (like the nurses wrap them in the hospital.)
I have so many! A swing although, only my girls have liked this. Bumbo chair- so perfect to put her in so I can do the dishes or my hair! Love it!
A few of my favorites for having a newborn at least....
- Lansinoh brand lanolin and breastpads
- A good Medela breastpump
- Bouncy chair
- A good RECTANGLE blanket for swaddling. Square ones don't cut it.
I'm a bit more out of practice than you, but I think the swing was our biggest life saver! Hence it's the first thing I've bought for the next one! Aaah I can't believe you're having a baby this week!
For me, I must have those nursing tanks. I wear them constantly the first month or so. For baby, I like to make something just for them, usually a baby blanket or little coming home outfit. It is my gift to them. :) I'm so so excited for you!
Oh...look how PERFECT she is. I love those pictures. I'm sure it will all come back quickly for you. Investing in a GOOD rocking chair is a must. Now, this isn't specifically baby-related, but someone gave us a gift that was a pack of different sizes of rechargeable batteries, and that has been one of the best things EVER! We've used the batteries for the camera, the vibrating unit on the Pack and Play, the swing, Sleep Sheep. That was an awesome gift!
She is adorable. I would say my bumbo, Lanolin, Lansinoh breast pads,and a good baby sitter so you can get some nap time:)
Jen, my favorite thing that has recently become popular is a nursing cover or "hooty hider" as I have heard them called. :) I actually made one the other day and I am playing on posting a tutorial up on my blog soon if you're interested. I have seen them sold for $30+ and I made one for about $15 plus I got to pick the fabric myself!
I can't tell you! :)It's what I made you but haven't given you yet. If I tell you it will spoil the surprise. :)
Those pictures are beautiful and I can't wait to see some of your new little guy.
DIAPERS?!!
Where do I start.
Newborns:
-portable bottle warmer when you dont want to breastfeed in public.
-cloth diapers for burp rags
-blankets for swaddlers
-Happiest baby on the block (DVD)
-Baby Sling or Wrap
-Jump-a-roo
-Wet wipes, wet wipes, wet wipes
-Boppy
Older:
-Grocery cart cover
-combi stroller (light weight and reclines so they can nap)
-Suction place mat (for finger foods)
Is that enough ha ha. I love buying baby stuff! I could go on and on.
Bouncer...and breast pump.
Hmmm....it's been so long since i've had a baby and there are so many new things out there that i can't really help you out there!
I will say that all of your kids are beautiful and can't wait to see a new one! Please let me know if you need any help watching kids or whatever! (Do you need some cookies to take to the hospital? They'd probably taste so good after delivery- along with a diet pepsi.)
I could not have lived without my Boppy pillow. Other than that... I can't think of anything! Good luck.
I absolutely LOVE my Itzbeen timer. I realize that not everyone cannot remember things like me, but it has been a life saver. I had no idea why my babe was crying until I looked at my timer and saw that it has actually been 2 1/2 hours since he ate and yes he is hungry again. Or no I am not crazy, he ate 20 minutes ago and maybe he is tired. He is 10 months old and I still use it. I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore.
I can't live without my sleeper nursing bra. It's like a sports bra with slits. It is seriously SO much more comfortable to sleep with it on. My Babe has been weaned for months, but I still wear it quite a bit because it adds support to my nursed-out self. I got mine at Motherhood and...seriously, I can't say enough about them.
#2 Boppy. You probably have one. I didn't have one until #3. Still use it for book reading with Babe on my lap.
Amen to the Lansinoh nursing pads. Best ever. I always love having an extra bouncy seat for the bathroom only.
Binkies. Baby Whisperer. Mittens Strings for God. I loved reading that book while I was nursing.
Good luck with labor/delivery!
Is is really possible that we have three year olds already and now are going to have babes again? How does time fly by so quickly? I hope that you have an amazing labor and delivery I'll be following suit in a couple weeks. The number one thing I can't live without is the vibrating bouncy chair. Both my kids hated the swing, but would sleep in that thing forever and is great when they are gassy! I also love the Chamois blanket from Pottery Barn, Emma can't live without hers literally, I have to sneak it in the washer, then she starts to search for it and cries when she can't find it. Sounds horrible, but that thing has saved us on many car trips! Can't wait to see the new bebe! Oh and I love love love Burts Bee's Mama Bee's Belly butter. No new stretch marks this time around I slather myself in that stuff daily and its great especially since it is so dry in AZ. They also have a honey and Shea butter that is fabulous too.
My biggest "Must Have" is their daddy to swaddle them ... he is so much better at it than I.
Hey! I am a friend of Melanie's and every once in a while I pop on over to your blog. I just had a baby (well he just turned 8 months so does that count?) and I have a few suggestions:
First, you must, must, must get a swaddling blanket. One that velcros in the side. It will keep you and your baby happy for hours.
If you plan to nurse, get the nursing cover made by hooter hiders.
Also, I preferred to use Lily Padz (they are washable, and so much nicer) instead of regular disposable nursing pads. They are clinically proven to reduce you chance of mastitis, so I was sold on that alone.
And last but most important . . . get a belly band to wrap around your belly after giving birth. I read an article (probably in People magazine because I'm a trash mag junkie) about Brooke Burke after giving birth to her fourth baby. She SWORE wearing a belly band around her belly helped to reduce the swelling in her uterus and she was able to snap back in to shape. Since she is like two pounds . . . I was sold.
IT WORKS. I did this after the birth of my second baby. I was back in my regular jeans in 10 days. (btw, this works whether you have a regular delivery or c-section. Unfortunately, I had a c-section.)
Happy birthing!
Post a Comment