When I was little we lived near my Grandparents on my Dads side. I was the first grand daughter...and they had only had 4 boys. I think I was loved. :) My Grandfather dabbled quite a bit in photography. He was one of my very first inspirations. Later as I got older, he had a large framed photograph of my when I was about 2 in his office. You don't even know how special that made me feel. I LOVED that he hung it in HIS office. I felt adored, and beautiful. Now that photograph hangs over the computer I'm typing at now (he passed away when I was only 12). It reminds me of being loved. I don't know if I can describe well enough the importance of putting up photos of your own children- professional or no- they make kids feel special, like I did. They feel proud that you would put a photo of them on your wall...they feel beautiful. This is one of the huge reasons I put photos of my kids on virtually every wall of my house.
Recently my uncle sent me a few photos I'd never seen that my Grandpa had taken, this is one that I fell in love with. I loved that swing. We'd spend hours on them. I loved that dress, my mom made it for me for Easter. I loved that shed...full to the brim of stuff. I can still see the inside of it, and remember it musty, fresh wood smell. I loved the huge garden... picking peas and raspberries until we were no longer hungry at all. I am shocked how much one single photograph can jog a bucket full of memories and emotions I didn't know I had stored up inside. That is just one reason I love photography.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
An Oldie...
Posted by
Jen-ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






17 comments:
I've never seen the picture before! What a cute girl! I miss gramma & grampa (and all the fun adventures we had at their house!).
LOVE this picture! What a wonderful treasure! I agree I think it's important to have pics of the kids everywhere so they always have reminders of how much they are loved.:)
That is so fabulous. What a great picture.
That is so funny because I have some of those very same memories of my Grandpa who passed away 9 months ago. I got all teary just reading it. Only I don't have a picture to go with them.
What an awesome tribute to your Grandpa! Aren't they the best?
I love your idea of buying low rise jeans instead of maternity pants... I am going shopping! Seriously! Thank you!
So, my Mom can get Arbonne if you don't know someone that sells it (she is a "dealer" but only because she pays the money so she can just buy it for herself and me!) It is awesome because it is 1/4 tsp pumps each time and it is airtight so it lasts forever. I just rub in 1 pump a day right after the baby is born and things are soooo much better. (I also use it monthly after words to help with "girl stuff!" lol)
You can look up on their site (www.arbonne.com) for more info but it is important to only get the Prolief because the other cream they have has other ingrerdiemts that are NOT helpful, ya know? Any how, if you have more ?'s feel free to email me - kristilthom at g mail dot com! I hope things will go great for you this time around!!!
I love so much about this post and picture. I love that your profile looks like Tae. I love the bright blue sky. I love the shadow from the swing. I absolutely love the fact that you can't see your feet. I love the fact that looking at your homemade Easter dress made me remember all those Easter mornings when my mom was frantically putting the finishing touches on our three homemade Easter dresses. I love it that I always felt that I was the favorite of my Grandpa as well. What great moms (and grandpas) we had. Thanks for brightening my day!
Great post.
Adorable! Don't you just love memories like that?
What a fabulous picture. I wonder what other picture treasures are out there.
Amen, Jen.
That makes me miss Grandma and Grandpa too. Thanks for posting!
I thought of Tae also when I saw this pic. You are so good at expressing yourself. I love reading your posts.
I love the memories I have of my grandparents too. Definitely the smells of their homes.
I really dooo love this photo. It is so so priceless. I love that you are looking to the side and it's definitely a candid moment. I though of Tae too when I saw this pic. I just re-read "the funny things kids say" on the side bar-I was laughing out loud on EVERY SINGLE ONE. They are all so funny. Your kids make my heart happy. You can dump them off here WHENEVER you need a little naparoo when mini man arrives. As you would say, I *heart* them:) And I *Heart* you:) Goodnight!
And I see you edited it fabulously! SO cute...
That is so sweet and so stinking cute! Love that picture!
such a sweet post. i loved it.
can't wait for news of your new one. he's a lucky little guy!!
Love your post. More reasons to take more photos! I am happy. m
Post a Comment