10 days ago I had little Chase. What a gift of a child he has been. He's been so sweet and patient...and he smells so good. He sleeps all of the time. Then wakes every 4 hours or so to have a bite to eat, poops, and goes back to sleep. A few times a day he wakes for 15 minutes and graces us with his cute old man eyes. He is such a sweet spirited little child. How blessed I feel. I keep asking myself how I could have ever considered NOT having another child. It already seems as if he's always been with us. As I type this, he lays in my lap dreaming...smiling and making sucking motions with his tiny mouth and tongue. Then every so often breathing really deeply and giving out a long sigh. Oh, I love you Chasers.
My recovery has been really good. I had help until today...10 days of someone doing my dishes and helping my kids. I have an AMAZING family. My sister Cherise was here for the first 3 days to watch the kids while Jasper spent time with me. He has never spent the night with me at the hospital until this time. Because of all of the trauma after Chases' birth I didn't feel emotionally stable enough to let him leave me there. Thanks goodness for Cherise....she was there to take care of my kids so he could stay with me. Then my beautiful mother in law came. Then my parents and sister in law Ashley. It was so nice to have them here. My Dad was my handyman...repaired 2 closets, installed cupboards in my laundry room, and caulked my shower. I owe him a few hundred. :) So thank you to my family...I love you!!
I have never had a photographer come into my home after a baby...until this time, my friend Andee offered to come over. She did so GOOD! Thanks so much Andee! What a treasure. No wonder I love doing newborn shoots so much. It's so magical to be on the other end...I'm the receiver this time.



I love this one.... my oldest and newest loves.







28 comments:
They turned out so beautifully! Little Chase does have the most fabulous lips! Do any of your other kids have those lips and I've never noticed? You look absolutely stunning - recovery...what recovery?!? How wonderful to have such a great family to step in and take over. Now, the real work begins! You'll have to let all of us - your surrogate family - take over when you need it. We are so happy for you!
Whenever I see Jasper in pictures, I just can't get over how much Jaren is his clone. That picture of him looks just like the face that all of your kids make - adoringly staring at you!
By the way, that was Emily, and not Greg. As wonderful as he is, I seriously doubt you want him "taking over" dinner any time soon!
Jen, you look stunning! You just look so proud, and I can't get over how beautiful your family is. I'm so glad your recovery is going well and that you've had so much help. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous pictures with us.
It makes me so excited for my little guy to get here. What a beautiful addition to the family! I love all the pictures!
It makes me so excited for my little guy to get here. What a beautiful addition to the family! I love all the pictures!
The pictures look so good, and it's fun to see some other photography of your family! Your family really is gorgeous!
Lucky you for having such a sweet newbie!
You look amazing and what an awesome thing to have those pics with a brand newborn!!!!! This post made me cry! We are sooo excited about our next one, and though we thought it may be our lat, we are now on the fence... It is great to see how beautifully it has worked out for you!!
That's awesome that you had help for 10 days! We didn't have any help after my last c-section...so I was the one vacuuming, doing laundry, etc. when I shouldn't have been. You're so lucky!
The pictures of you all are beautiful! I'm SO TOTALLY flying you out here after we have our next baby. I saw these pictures on facebook last night and told Eric that, like it or not, we're doing a good newborn session next time!!!!
Way too cute...love them! Look at your big family! So cute! AAAwwwww!!!
Love the pics. Andee did a great job. Glad you have had lots of help- that's awesome. He looks like a keeper! He'll probably be walking by the time I get to come see him!
All of you are beautiful! Love the pictures. We've been sick over here for awhile so we haven't been over. Can't wait to meet your new little man!
Those pictures are ADORABLE! The last one is especially great! Congrats!
Wow, amazing pics!! Of course, the people in them are beautiful too. Great job, Andee!!
Yay for help!!! You've seemed relaxed when I've talk to you. I'm so glad that being home has been great for everyone instead of crazy. It's sure makes recovering so much nicer.
Those are the sweetest pictures-both this post and your last of Chase's birth. So glad to hear you're feeling well and have had lots of help. He looks a lot like you Jen. Beautiful little baby.
these pics need to be a in magazine somewhere.. you look soo beautiful Jen!!!! Chase looks so darling!!! Your friend did a great job!
Beautiful, all of you. He is incredible. You can't say things like, "I can't believe I ever considered NOT having another child." AH! The my mind starts working over-time.
Your friend did a fantastic job. I love the hospital pics and these new ones. Really, really beautiful.
Wow Jen, The photos are simply amazing! I love them truly!. He is really such a beautiful baby. I miss holding him. Babies are the softest things in the entire world. I love you! Mom
Wow Jen, the photos turned out just beautiful! I truly love them. I miss little Chase already. He is so beautiful. Babies are the softest things in te entire world. I love you! MoM
OH JEN!! I LOVE!!! I totally got teary eyed looking at these pictures she did for you! I'm SO GLAD you finally had an *Official photo shoot with YOU in it!!! I remember trying to help do Tae's pictures....I'm not exactly the best photographer...
Anyway, I miss you guys! and I TOLD you dad would install that cupboard for you! :)
I'm so glad it worked out so well for me to be there! I loved being there! love you!
cherise
That family picture is perfect!!! What a great thing to have.
I think these pictures a beautiful. Chase must have known he didn't need to be awake to look sweet.
I took a second look at that family photo...the brothers look happy, but the sisters look wary and a bit unsure of this new addition. Soon there'll be new devoted faces on those sisters all the time.
You are both beautiful!
Wow... beautiful pictures... Beautiful baby... you look gorgeous and now you have one more baby to photograph.
Congratulation! He is beautiful!
these pictures are so beautiful,,they make me want to cry! I too, had a similar problem after I had Claire.. Maybe its the 5 child..I dont know..anyways I am so happy for yu and your new little man. He is perfect!
You are so BEAUTIFUL! What precious pictures! Congratulations on your newest angel! What a special time! You are an amazing mother! He is such a beautiful baby! I LOVE newborns, and will never forget the smell of a newborn. I am so happy for you and your family! CONGRATS!
What GREAT pictures! And I'm glad to hear things are going well :)
I get teary every time I read your blog, you have an amazing gift and are such an inspiration to us all!
Di 4 U.
Post a Comment