Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2 weeks left

OK, so I'm ready to not be preggie any more...but I don't really know how ready I am to have FIVE children, be up in the night again....or have crazy- out of control hormones...this is a serious battle for me after I have a newbie. Like, seriously, watch out. I scratch. And bite. Irritability is my forte. I'm so hoping to get those emotions under control this time. Any suggestions? Anyone use progesterone cream (the kind you rub on your belly)?

Last week we went to Bear Lake with fabulous friends. Emily and I took a few pics of eachother, it was so fun! I'll post more pics from that trip later. But when I saw them, I realized how big I really look. Wowzers! Oh well, "fat and happy" right Michelle? Some people, like Michelle say they like being able to eat whatever, whenever, but I get so crazy about weight gain...just thinking about having to lose it all- sigh. Oh well it'll come off eventually, even if that is in the after life. :)
And so...here are a few pics of my fat and happy belly. Don't judge me...I didn't shower that day. ssshhhh. I really am so excited to meet the new little man in 2 weeks. I love it when they place that fresh babes in your arms and you recognize their tiny face right away. It's so splendid.


31 comments:

Annette Larsen said...

Woosh woo. Lookin good Jen, deffinately fat and happy, I love it. And this is what you look like when you don't shower? ...jealous...

I remember being 2 weeks away from having Sophie and feeling like I was absolutely NOT ready to have another baby. But of course then she came, and I was so excited that instead of resting that day, I stayed up and video chatted with lots of people.

Meredith said...

Jen...you look marvelous. In all seriousness, you're beautiful. I see LOADS of pregnant women, and you are definitely one of the best ones to look at! You're not humongous...just 9 months pregnant! It'll be gone in no time!

Sarah Welsh said...

I have never had the pleasure of seeing you all the way pregnant - you are SO beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet your new little man.

Danae said...

You are too cute. Hang in there! I have to warn you, 5 kids seems like a ton! I never felt like my family of 4 was so big but now I feel like there are a million of us! I used to get stared at a lot when we were all out, now it is worse. I don't know if it is because people are looking really hard to see if the baby is a girl or just counting heads. Maybe he will be a really good baby like my Waverly is and you can sleep and be happy! I lost my remaining baby weight in a week! Pneumonia is a blessing in some ways! :) Remember what Elder Wirthlin said last conference, "come what may and love it" Enjoy that softy new guy!

Jana said...

Ah, you look so cute!!!!!!!!! That last picture is especially gorgeous.
And WOW, you're way bigger than you were when you were here...two weeks ago? Get that guy out of there!! :) lol
Remember Jen, Pioneer women squatted in fields.

Amber said...

Jen, I love how honest you are about how crazy life and hormones and emotions are when you have a new baby! Don't worry- you're NOT alone!!! Are we crazy to have kids, or do they make us crazy?!

I'm so excited for you to have your new little man! I'll bring dinner or at least a present so I can come meet him!

Sera said...

Jen, you are SO gorgeous. I really, really wish I'd had portraits done when I was pregnant. My last belly shot was at 36 weeks and we lost it on our camera, so I'll never know how big I was at the end. :( I got SUPER, super irritable after I had Kaylee. It got BAD. So, my doctor prescribed Lexapro, an antidepressant, and it worked WONDERS. I don't think Dennis will ever stop thanking me for taking it. I just needed it for a few months, but boy oh boy, did it ever help. That's part of the reason I'm going to wait a while before having another. I had such a hard time with the adjustments and the hormones were just crazy out of control. It scared me, so I need some more time to "forget" what it was like.

Kathy said...

You look FABulous!!! 5 kids -that is so awesome. Hormones and weight....they are the worst part of having a baby. My only tip on either of those is to try to get as much sleep as possible (yea right with 5 kids!!!!) At least it goes by fast I can't believe Sophie is already 7 months old it seems like it was just yesterday you were taking her pictures.

Andee said...

Ah, I love these!! My fav might be number two. More please! :)
I like how you're not even afraid of the delivery, just after. That's my main concern by far too.

Sandy said...

O.K. seriously you look amazing, and there is not one ounce of fat on you, its all baby!! I can't wait to see your new little one. Any names yet?? As for hormones, just know that your not the only one ... and ask for help whenever you can. It's the only way that we all survive it. I'm so excited for the new temples in AZ. I can't wait to take our YW to them for the first time. We have got to get up there sometime. I miss hanging out and our days spent at Savers while our hubbies were at school. Only four weeks for me, but I'm ready to be done too!!

KJenx said...

The last 2 weeks are the longest! At least you aren't on bed rest, that is no picnic. I agree with the new baby assessment, they are so awesome, and then they learn to talk back and pout and you have to dig deep to remember how cute they used to be. Fun times ahead!

Kristi said...

First of all, everyone is right - you look FAB!!!
I do the post preggie hormone thing too, BAD! I do the Arbonne progesterone cream and AT LEAST 30 minutes in the sun, by myself, every day! It is amazing what these two little things do to help! #3 was a ton easier that than #'s 1 or 2 because of these little daily changes! Good luck, and LOVE every second! It will all be over so quickly!!!

Aislinn said...

what a beauty! Wishing you all the best!

Bryce & Cherise said...

so I was TOTALLY about to ask you to post preg pics!! and here they are! :) You look BEEEEutiful! :) I can't wait to come be with you guys that week!!!! I'm SO stinkin excited!
Annette sent a present for the babes and I have one for you too. But I was wondering if there was anything in particular you want or need that I could get for you....?

Christine said...

How cute are you!
That's so funny what you said about recognizing babies the first time you see them. It's so true! I never thought of that before.

HeatherK said...

YOU LOOK SOO BEAUTIFUL JEN!
your baby is so lucky to have you for a mommy!!! I want to hear all the details when the baby gets here! Good luck and I'll be saying prayers for YOU!!!

Bryndie said...

Darling Pictures! I can't believe you will have another babe in 2 weeks. The time went by so fast! Anyways, you look fabulous!

Rachel Clare said...

You look fantastic! Two weeks is going to FLY. And, by the way, that's the dang cutest shirt EVER! If I'm blessed with another one, could I buy it from you?!? ;)

Good luck! Can't wait for his arrival.

Mommy-K & D-Rowls said...

You do look very beautiful, Jen. Can't even believe that my first baby is having her fifth! I remember that time myself very well. I wanted twins so much! Can you believe it? I think it must have been because Jana was such a little angel baby that I was ready for more. But Annette was enough. She became such a little hugger. So cute! Now you get to have your little Annette. Oh, except that he will be a boy...don't forget that... I'll see you soon! Love you!!!

Melissa Spurgiesz said...

Oh jen... you always talk about baby fat but you ALWAYS lose it. I hate you! Just kidding :) You are all baby and that baby is lucky to have you as his mommy. I will send as many sleeping vibes as possible to your little guy. That is the worst part for me too. If I don't get eight hours of sleep, pregnant or not, I am just cranky. I do love those sweet faces though in the middle of night. Addison was a dream baby at night. She just ate and slept. One thing that has saved our marriage (and I mean SAVED) was kicking Scott out of the bedroom during the first month or so. We did that with Josh and Ad and it worked wonders! Scott was happy because he got a full nights sleep and I was happy because, most of the time, he would get up with the kiddos so I could sleep in a bit. I do have the most awesome husband ever though :)

Lindsay said...

I absolutely love being pregnant - you make me (kinda) want to be there! (but not THAT bad)

chelle said...

I love how beautiful you are. I asked Jim on Corbin's first birthday, "How could so many sleepless nights, go by so quickly?"

Emily said...

You make 9 months prego look downright sexy! I was so unbelievably nervous taking those pictures. I was seriously shaking. I felt like I was a kid off the street taking over for Michealangelo. Thank you so much for my pictures! I can't wait to post them. Enjoy these last couple of weeks! I can't wait to meet what's-his-name.

Anonymous said...

You look good Jen, for real. :) Enjoy your last couple weeks of sanity. You're going to be great!

Angie said...

I have no idea about any hormone crap, sorry. But I want to cheer you on, GO JEN, GO JEN! You look amazing and what wonderfully amazing tool your body is! I'm sure it doesn't feel like that now, but seriously, I think it is amazing!

Your mom came to see me in Flag while I was there last week. She is so sweet, I forgot how much I love her. What a blessed little new babe you will have soon that gets to have you as a mother and her as grandma! Besides you guys make dang cute babies! Can't wait to meet this one, any names yet?

Allyson said...

You'll lose the weight in no time! Anyway, you seem to adjust to everything so well. What an exciting time! Do you get epidurals? It seems like you want them, but don't get them in time with some babies or something. Good luck!!!!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

I agree it is SO SPLENDID and you look absolutely amazing you sexy hot thang!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

P.s.. be glad you can still wear your wedding ring so you're NOT THAT FAT!

KIMBERLIN 6 said...

Beautiful! I love maternity shots. I don't comment much, but I always read. Can't wait to see pics of the new little one.

sara said...

Jen -
So fun catching up on your blog!!!!! OMGosh!!! You are soooooo close!!!
It will be wonderful!!! Good luck. Just breathe that little guy in and not worry about the chaos around you or what state your house may be in. It MAY be the last time to savor it (new little baby) ? And they are the most precious things, those 'freshies'

Desiree said...

Congrats on your new little baby. I found your blog through a friends and enjoy reading it occasionally. I struggled postpartum really bad after my first 2 babies. While pregnant with my 3rd I discovered herbs, and I had a much easier postpartum. I have now used them after my 4th as well, and I can't believe the difference. No more rollercoasters, no more untrollable crying, no more crazy lady. This is my favorite: http://www.herbalogie.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_53&products_id=27
I highly reccomend it. I hope you're well.