Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Glamour Shots by Jen and Jana

ADVERTISEMENT: Glamour shots by Jen and Jana;

Do you feel ugly and disgusting?
Do your usual photos make you want to hide your face in shame?
Well, never fear...we're here to help!

Glamour Shots by Jen and Jana**
can take even the
ugliest of clients....
And reveal their inner Goddess!
That's right...even YOU can look beautiful!
Don't miss this incredible opportunity...call NOW for your personal glamour photo session! We don't do anything with your hair or makeup; we don't know anything about that stuff, all  you need to do is lick your lips for a little shimmer.  We simply lay a lamp over your couch, poses, and camera settings, and VOILA! You're a beauty queen for a day.

**Not a real company...this is a joke. WARNING: do not try this at home, results may be disastrous. 


I just got back from Mesa this weekend.  It was so much FUN, and so needed.  I stayed with my lovely sister (see 2 glamorous & one hideous photos above) Jana.  She came with me on some shoots, I wish we could always work together, made food, ate way too much cookie dough and ice cream, colored each others hair, watched an awesome Emma concert (Jana's little girl),went to the movie, and laughed our brains out doing these pictures at 11 at night. Don't you think we look a lot alike in these? 
I also got to see a bunch of fabulous friends from the olden days.  Mel, Angie (who just adopted a baby I got to take pics of, and to whom I owe my trip- THANKS!), Nona & Steph.  
MOMS:  You need to get away from your children, even if it's only for a day.  I always come back ready to be a better wife, and mother.  i get rejuvenated and remember that I too, am a glamorous goddess.  :)

21 comments:

LeMira said...

I love you two women! You make me laugh! It's so true that we need a short break every once in a while from our kids. Even an hour away at my YW meeting was all I needed last night.

Ali said...

;D That is me laughing like crazy. Thanks for the reminder. I think I need a break. Too bad I don't have any girlfriends out here for a girls night out. Oh well. Maybe when I move back to Utah to live in your basement I can go out with you sometime. ;)

tiffunny said...

You're funny. I just got back from a weekend away with my sisters and it was fabulous. You're right - everyone needs one cause they're so relaxing and rejuvenating. But sad thing is I'm already wishing I had another getaway planned!!!!

Brian and Kim said...

Way too much fun, I happy you got a nice break. Welcome back :)

KJenx said...

sweet pictures!

Sera said...

I love this! You guys do look SO much alike! Sounds like it was a blast. I really, really wish we could have seen you and had you take pics of Kaylee. You rock.

Rachel Clare said...

You guys do look a lot alike! Glad you got away. I always love that. A lot.

Shelly Geller said...

You are glamorous! I love these. Isn't it fun to take pictures of yourself? I love trying to be a seductress in photos. . for my hubby of course:) I could use a break from my kiddies, they are sick and grouchy. I love the B&W of you.

Bryce & Cherise said...

HEHEHE! :) you two are so cute

Tanya said...

You girls are gorgeous!!!! I can't believe you've only about 4 weeks to go.. wow your pregnancy has gone so fast!! You look sensational, don't stress too much about the weight.. you will lose it again! I bet you can't wait to meet your little boy.. enjoy these last few weeks :D xx

chelle said...

Even your ugly photos are beautiful. UR! Not fair. M

chelle said...

The expo went very well and I have signed up a few weddings. Well worth my time. m

Amber said...

Yes, I feel ugly and disgusting! Sign me up for a session- I'll pay whatever you ask to be turned into a glamorous goddess!

Glad you had a good break!

Lindsay said...

You could never look ugly, those are too funny. I love the one of your sister "trying" to look hideous.

Ella A. said...

How fun. (and funny) looks like you had a fun time while here in mesa! I could use one of those glamour shots right about now. . .

Mommy-K & D-Rowls said...

sign me up! sign me up!!!

Emily said...

I agree with everyone else - Good job at your attempt to be ugly. I love late nights with sisters. It's good to be silly again!

Anonymous said...

This is great!

Andrea said...

You two are adorable! I wish I grew up with sisters. Sending lots of loves your way.

Mel said...

Beautiful pictures! I LOVED seeing you! Angie needs to fly you down here more often.

Jana said...

We're hilarious!
I love us.