Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Glorious

I would just like to say how proud I am of myself.  I went to the OB today and it was a glorious moment in my life.  I didn't gain one pound the last 2 weeks.  And before that I'd only gained 2 pounds in the previous 3 weeks.  This pretty much a miracle for me.  Before that I was gaining like 7-8 lbs in 2 weeks- easy.  I'll probably put it on in the next 3 weeks, but right now, I'm just going to bask in this heavenly day.  :)


The conversation I just had with Madeline:
" Mom I wonder who I'm going to marry when I grow up.  It's so weird, Heavenly Father knows whom I'm going to marry, but I don't.  I hope I like him"
Me:  "Of course you'll like him, you'll choose to marry him!"
Mad:  "oh.....I hope he's cute. (long pause) and I hope he doesn't have freckles."  

What's with the freckles comment?  I love freckles!!  


17 comments:

tiffunny said...

Yay for you! Little accomplishments (or miracles) like that are a HUGE deal when you're 9 months prego. They can totally make your day. So enjoy it in all of it's glory!!

Amber said...

Hurray for not gaining weight! I'm so proud of you :) Now you just need to post some more pics of your cute pregnant self so we can all bask in your beauty!

Amber said...

And to document this glorious accomplishment!

Ella A. said...

I remember those glorious days when I didn't gain any (or as much) at my prenatal appt, they were something special. I'm not sure why, exactly, but they were. It probably had something to do with the fact that I felt as big as a horse while pregnant. ;)

Christine said...

Freckles! How funny!

AudyCamp said...

Ask her if 2 freckles is okay...:) tell her spence only has 2 I think. Congrats on the poundage! No such luck here! I wanna see belly pics.

Sera said...

Dang, mama! That is a big accomplishment, especially at this stage of the game. I lost all restraint at that point and just didn't care. Your kids always say the cutest stuff.

Annette Larsen said...

I love that she knows that Heavenly father knows what up. And freckles is a very funny thing to be concerned about. Especially at her age.

Emily said...

Shot to the heart with the freckle comment. Austin has equal stress about who he is going to marry (sure glad our 7/8 year-olds are so concerned). The other week he asked me who gets to decide to get married - the husband or the wife. I told him that they both decide. He said, "So, you wanted to marry Dad, and he wanted to marry you?" Surprising - I know! He was pretty relieved to know that it was a joint decision.

A very big congratulations on the OB appointment. Unfortunately, I can't be that happy for you because I am slowly turning into a small whale. I was hoping you would join me in the journey. The other day, someone commented that I'm not that big, then she asked me my due date. When I said "June," her expression changed immediately and said, "Yeah...You're pretty big." Thanks!

But...Back to your glory. That's very exciting! This baby is less than a month away. What do you need??? I'll go shopping for a gift VERY soon.

MoM K said...

I can just imagine how she would have said those things, with a laugh. How sweet that she just knows that Heavenly Father knows who she is going to marry. I remember thinking things like that too!

chelle said...

Corbin and Holden have no Freckles at all. It could be a sign. :0) m

Lindsay said...

She's right, she doesn't want to marry someone with freckles - trust her.

It's because you are so blasted skinny that you gain so much during pregnancy, but congrats to you, I know how it feels!

Camille said...

i don't think i ever asked you your due date, mine March 9th. Hooray almost there. Congrats on the appt as well, well wished on your next one too! Hope things are great!

Sandy said...

Me either, no weight gain the past two weeks. whoo hoo. However I have been pretty sick and only eating chicken noodle soup, so that could have had something to do with the no poundage, but hey whatever works right?? J/K. Let's hope I don't gain 10 this week since I'm feeling better and eating more!

Jana said...

Yeah, YUCK, FReckLes!!
You go girl! That treadmill is doing you some serious good!!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

Yeah! I love that when you get on that scale and it stays the same! Do you have a name for the little guy yet? Congratulations on your beautiful family. P.S. Someone with freckles is probably who'll she'll be marrying!!

Ali said...

Again, you should win a reward for the cutest pregnant woman. You are cute as a button. Even cuter than your photography button, which now has a place of honor at the top of my blog. TYVM!

Love you back!